We support the communities where we work and live. We regularly participate in local events to reach out and connect. From hosting a military job fair, to sponsoring a local run, to partnering with local organizations, we foster relationships between our employees and the communities in which we operate.
Over the last year, our employees have given their time, energy and income to help their communities. Here are a few stories showing what they've done.
- Hosted children's kickball games for Kick-It, a Cleveland Indians-supported charity that raises funds for childhood cancer research. Employee volunteers helped register the young players, hand out Kick-It T-shirts and serve as umpires for the games.
- Sponsored a two-month exhibition to honor students enrolled in the Urban Bright, a nonprofit organization that nurtures community involvement in arts and culture. Progressive employees and other attendees purchased the artworks; the artists and Art House split the proceeds.
- Donated vehicles to train rescue workers on the tactics and dangers of extricating accident victims from vehicles for the National Auto Body Council's First Responder Emergency Extrication program.
- Taught students through Junior Achievement about budgeting, using credit and other “Financial Readiness” skills. They practiced conflict resolution, problem solving and other “Success Skills.”
Other ways Progressive gives back to the community:
- Progressive Insurance Foundation—Through the Progressive Insurance Foundation, employees have an opportunity to make a difference in the world. Established in 2001, the Foundation is part of Progressive's overall charitable contribution effort. Its purpose is to match the contributions our employees make to charities that they believe in and support.
- Volunteer opportunities—At any moment in time there are people, communities and environmental initiatives that need support. By volunteering, our employees can support their neighborhood, community and society while also enriching their own life. Through our company volunteer website, employees can find out what volunteer opportunities are available in an area, making it easy to sign -up and participate.
Attend our events!
Want to learn more about what it’s like to work at Progressive? Visit us at an upcoming event.