- The Segway HT's top speed is 12.5 mph — two to three times faster than the average walking speed.
- Charging the Segway HT's batteries for one hour provides two hours of operation and costs about 5 cents' worth of electricity.
- Traveling downhill or decelerating generates electricity, recharging the Segway HT's batteries.
- In addition to the operator, the i Series Segway HT can accommodate 10 pounds of cargo.
- The Segway HT does not have an engine, brakes or a steering wheel — it accelerates and decelerates by responding to a person's center of gravity, and turns with a mere flick of the wrist.
- The Segway HT takes up about as much space on a sidewalk as a person — its width is similar to an average person's shoulder width.
- People who buy the Segway HT participate in special orientation classes offered around the country, but operating the Segway HT is actually very easy because its gyroscopes sense subtle body movements and use them as cues for moving forward and backward.
- The Segway HT has three performance settings:
- Beginner — Slowest turning rate and a top speed of 6 mph
- Sidewalk Operation — Medium turning rate and a top speed of 8 mph
- Open Environment — Most sensitive turning rate and a top speed of 12.5 mph
- The Segway HT can operate on a variety of terrain surfaces.
- The Segway HT has many safety features that assist in ensuring safe use and performance.
- The non-balancing Power Assist Mode allows users to walk their Segway HTs over slippery surfaces, up and down stairs, across steep slopes or wherever riding is not safe and appropriate.
Segway HT Facts
Copyright 1995 - 2014. Progressive Casualty Insurance Company. All Rights Reserved.
We offer insurance by phone, online and through independent agents. Prices vary based on how you buy. Quotes for policies sold through agents and brokers are available, and can also be retrieved, through ProgressiveAgent.com or via the Quote with a Local Agent button. Mobile quotes are for policies purchased directly from Progressive. Not available in all states and situations.