- Employees and vendor partners in Burnsville, Minn. held our 6th annual Food For Kidz event. Approximately 100 people packed 36,000 meals and $5,500 was raised. In the past 6 years, we’ve packed 276,000 meals and raised over $25,000.
- We held an "Everything But The Suit Drive" across multiple sites for the Dress for Success® nonprofit organization, resulting in our donating 328 boxes of clothing and accessories to support their efforts to help disadvantaged women thrive in work and in life.
- Employees in California collected 3,373 books for local libraries across the state—saving books from ending up in landfills and providing new opportunities for those who visit and work at our public libraries.
- Employees in our Albany, New York, office donated office supplies and file cabinets to the Albany School District and Albany Senior Services.
- Progressive was named to The Plain Dealer’s “Top Workplaces in 2012” list in Northeast Ohio for the third year in a row. Companies listed operate by a strong set of values and have excellent work place conditions, according to their employees.
- Employees and agents held a three-day “Feed an IRV, Fuel a Community” food drive for the Sioux Falls Food Pantry in cooperation with Feeding South Dakota. They collected 1,595 lbs. of food and $1,690, which is equivalent to 13,520 lbs. of food.
- More than 400 employees, friends and family members participated in the 2012 Diversity Walk, Rock & Run in Cleveland in May. We raised close to $2,000 for the Northeast Ohio Diversity Center.
- Our California Claims teams statewide collected cell phones for Cell Phones for Soldiers. More than 800 phones were donated and converted to give troops overseas over 48,000 minutes of free talk time.
- Progressive earned the 2011 Brand Innovators Award in the Mobile category from Brand Innovators LLC for our mobile app and its advanced image capture feature.
- Spring food drives were held in locations across the country. In Cleveland, we supported the Cleveland Foodbank’s Harvest for Hunger campaign and contributed more than $6,000 (not including company match amounts) and 4,105 lbs. of food.
- We held our annual Environmental Awareness Week for employees. As part of the event, we collected and donated 262 pairs of shoes, 143 eyeglasses and about 45 lbs. of batteries to local organizations for recycling.
- We’re participating as title sponsor for the Towpath Trilogy race series. Proceeds from all three races (held in April, June and October) benefit completion and maintenance of the Ohio Canal Corridor.
- The Ethisphere Institute named Progressive to its list of the World's Most Ethical Companies. The list honors organizations that show leadership in promoting ethical business standards.
- Progressive was named to Forbes’ list of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies. Those recognized consistently demonstrated transparent and conservative accounting practices and solid corporate governance and management
- We held an office supplies Swap and Shop to collect and redistribute office supplies within one of our Cleveland locations. Four skids of extra supplies were donated to Cardinal Autism Resource and Education School in the Mentor Public School System.
- We introduced a series of new Security training modules on such topics as keeping data secure when working remotely and using social networks, to ensure that we keep customer and employee data safe.
- Throughout the year Employees are taking a new Making Tough Choices workshop with scenarios about challenging ethical dilemmas to help us make the best choices in often gray areas.