With Roadside Assistance coverage, you don't have to worry about being stranded on the road.
Sometimes bumps in the road really are, well … bumps in the road. And when one of them blows out your tire at rush hour, you need more than a philosophical attitude to get back behind the wheel.
That's why Progressive offers Roadside Assistance coverage on car insurance policies. With Roadside Assistance, we'll send a fast, reliable service provider to you for auto emergencies — whether you're on the freeway or in your own driveway.
Maybe you've locked your keys in the car, run out of gas, or need a battery jump. If any of these dilemmas sound familiar, Roadside Assistance could be a good coverage choice for you.
Advantages of Roadside Assistance Coverage
Progressive customers who choose Roadside Assistance coverage enjoy these benefits:
- Towing — If your car breaks down, Roadside Assistance pays to tow it anywhere within a 15-mile radius. It also pays to tow your car to the nearest qualified repair facility, even if it's farther than 15 miles away.
- Flat Tire Change — We'll send a professional to you who can change your tire and put the spare on while you wait.
- Locksmith Service — If your keys are lost, stolen or locked in the car, Roadside Assistance covers you. We'll send a qualified service provider to help recover them. If the keys need replacing, you simply pay for the cost of the keys.
- Battery Jump-Start — When your battery dies, we'll come to you and jump-start it.
- Emergency Fuel and Fluid Delivery — If you run out of gas, you can have fuel delivered to you. You simply pay for the cost of the fuel; delivery and service are free. Same goes if your car overheats: We'll deliver the necessary fluids to get you running again, and you pay only the cost of the fluids.
Is Roadside Assistance a Good Value?
You could pay less than $15 for an entire six months of coverage when you choose Roadside Assistance for your car insurance policy. With just one emergency response, the coverage could easily pay for itself. You might pay around $200 to have your car towed to the nearest shop, but with Roadside Assistance, you pay nothing but your premium. Consider it financial protection from unforeseen out-of-pocket expenses.
How to Add Roadside Assistance Coverage to Your Policy
Simply add Roadside Assistance to your policy online, or feel free to call us 24/7 at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE. You can add Roadside Assistance to your policy at any time.
The information in this blog may vary based on your particular state or situation. Always refer to your insurance policy for your specific coverages.