The Box: Off the shelf and into the spotlight

Posted by Brittany Ritchey on 12/3/2012 at 3:05 PM

The Box.

While he hasn’t gone unnoticed in his TV appearances—customers have even asked for their own box!—he hasn’t exactly been in the spotlight. Until now.

Starting this week, he’s off the shelf and bringing everyone behind-the-scenes into the world of a Superstore superstar.

By the way, did The Box’s smooth voice sound familiar? It’s Chris Parnell.

And, did you happen to catch any hidden gems? Hint: The first one is hanging above The Box’s fireplace.

Tagged with: The Box TV Commercials

Comments

Funny! I really like to see insurance companies make insurance fun... too many people make it dry and boring!
Posted on 12/4/2012 at 9:20 AM by Zach
Hey, howcome I don't have a box? I've been a good customer, I pay my bill on time, I haven't filed any claims, so how come I ain't got a box? That's ok, though. I'll settle for a date with Flo. Hey, Y'all should do a "Win a date with Flo" promotion.
Posted on 12/8/2012 at 12:07 PM by Bear Pieball Spot
I don't want the box to get to many spots, for I don;t want it to take over you place. Flo, I would miss you,so stay around.
Posted on 12/12/2012 at 10:20 AM by LARRY CURTS
Uh, the box comes off as a jerk. 'I bet you want my number' he says to his personal trainer. 'Down the hizatch' he says about his drink served by a personal butler. Is this what you want us to see? Our premiums being wasted by a douchbag box? Or is it more representative of you enjoying our premiums? 'thirsty? Ive got a six pack right here' what could be more of a douchbag thing to say??? And the way he says it....pop a collar and wear your hat sideways while youre at it.
Posted on 12/13/2012 at 2:39 PM by Calipse Avania
@Zach: Glad to hear you enjoyed it!
Posted on 12/17/2012 at 2:27 PM by Progressive
@Larry: Don't worry--Flo isn't going anywhere!
Posted on 12/17/2012 at 2:28 PM by Progressive
@Calipse: Thanks for taking time to share your concerns with us, and we're sorry we offended you. That wasn't our intention. We take all feedback seriously, and we'll keep it in mind as we create new ads.
Posted on 12/17/2012 at 2:31 PM by Progressive
@Bear Pieball Spot: While we don't have boxes to give away (yet, anyway), you can print and build one! Check it out: http://www.progressive.com/autobox.pdf
Posted on 12/17/2012 at 2:41 PM by Progressive
I absolutely loooooovvvve this commercial! Very creative :)
Posted on 2/24/2013 at 10:22 AM by Taniesha
@Taniesha: Thank you! "Canonbox!"
Posted on 2/27/2013 at 2:22 PM by Progressive
This commercial is sending exactly the "right" message... Progressive is big and rich. they enjoy Taylor, pools, spa and the good life their average American customers "Flo" can not afford. Well done progressive...
Posted on 3/16/2013 at 10:20 AM by Evelyn
<p> @Evelyn: Thanks for the feedback. We&#39;ll pass it along to our advertising team.</p>
Posted on 3/19/2013 at 4:31 PM by Progressive
Nice commercial. Light hearted for an insurance ad that makes a change.
Posted on 3/25/2013 at 6:40 AM by Jamie
@Jamie: Thanks! Glad you liked it!
Posted on 3/27/2013 at 2:54 PM by Progressive