Motorcycle Theft Prevention Tips
Don't make your motorcycle an easy target for thieves. Here are some simple steps you can take to protect your bike.
- Always remove the key from your ignition and keep your front fork locked.
- Garage your bike out of plain view whenever possible.
- If you have to park outdoors, do so in well-lit, secure areas. Look for an outdoor security camera and park in its view if you can.
- Lock your bike to a stationary object, or to another motorcycle when traveling with others. Use high-quality locking devices.
- Consider adding an audible alarm or tracking device.
- When parking in public, check your bike frequently.
- Always carry your registration and insurance card with you when you ride, but keep your title at home or in another secure place.