Progressive Pre-employment assessments
For some of our career opportunities, we use online assessments. The assessments help us evaluate your qualifications and potential for success on the job—and to see if you are a good fit with our company values. If the job you apply for requires an assessment, we'll let you know.
About the assessment
The purpose of the pre-employment assessment is to:
- Gauge how you solve problems and apply knowledge to new situations as well as communicate and reason.
- Gain insight into your approach to customer service; your ability to multi-task, your work ethic and style; and how you adapt and collaborate.
How to prepare
You’ll be given a specific timeframe to take the assessment. Plan to give yourself at least 50 minutes to complete it, but set aside extra time so you won’t feel rushed.
We also recommend that you:
- Choose a location that's comfortable, quiet, and has very few distractions.
- Read all instructions, questions, and response options carefully.
- Think about real-life examples from past jobs or your current job when responding.
- Avoid second-guessing or over-thinking your responses.
- Try your best to complete every question: Remember, you don't have to answer every question correctly to do well.
Also, please note:
- There’s no need to study since we aren't assessing how much you know about a subject or task.
- The test works best on a computer, tablet, or smartphone with a reliable internet connection.
- We recommend that you use an up-to-date version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
After the pre-employment assessment
If you recently took the assessment, you can expect to receive results within two business days, usually by email.
- The assessment is scored differently depending on the role for which you apply, such as customer service or IT.
- Our team will be informed as to whether you’ve passed the assessment or not; however, we aren’t given specific details on how you’ve performed.
- If you qualify, you’ll be eligible for next steps, which may include résumé review or an interview. A qualifying result is valid for two years.
- If you don't qualify, you may retake the assessment again in six months.