Our employee benefits are intended to support and invest in Progressive people.
Employees can decide what works best for them and their lifestyle, choosing from a variety of career development resources, medical benefits (including on-site health centers), a 401(k) retirement plan, and more.
Health and wellness
Our affordable, comprehensive medical plan options promote a continued healthy lifestyle for you and any dependents in your family. Plans for full-time and part-time employees include free flu shots and health screenings at no additional cost.
- Medical, dental and vision plan options, including free preventive care.
- Health care flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts (pretax money to apply to eligible health care expenses).
- Health and wellness programs, such as fitness center rebates and group fitness classes.
- Healthy workplace amenities like on-site fitness centers, medical services, farmers markets, and health seminars at larger locations.
Finances and gainshare
Our financial benefits reflect the contributions employees make each and every day. You’ll earn competitive compensation and have tools and resources like money-saving programs and retirement plans to prepare for your financial future.
- Company-wide gainshare plan, an annual bonus program dependent upon company performance—all employees have the opportunity to share in our company’s success, not just our execs.
- 401(k) retirement plan that includes a company match dollar for dollar up to 6 percent of an employee’s contributions, as well as tools and resources to plan ahead.
- Free or discounted services or products through Progressive vendors, including estate planning and legal assistance.
- Base pay that represents your role within our company, the market rate, and the skills and experience you bring.
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to work-life balance. What works for one person might not work for someone else. So what you’ll find at Progressive is flexibility combined with tools and benefits that help you support a family.
- Up to 17 days off accrued in first year, which begin adding up on first day of employment.
- Flexible work arrangements, dependent on area and business needs, enabling employees to work nonstandard hours and/or from home.
- Leaves of absence and financial support for employees called to military duty.
- Adoption assistance and maternity support programs.
- Financial advice and resource recommendations for needs such as adult care and caring for children with special needs.
- Employee Assistance Program and Worklife Services for around-the-clock support to help with the demands of work, life, and personal issues.
- Charitable match programs through our Progressive Foundation.
Career development resources
We encourage employees to take ownership of their careers, and we have a history of and commitment to hiring from within. In fact, more than 5,000 people make internal job moves each year. Progressive continually invests in a variety of career development resources, including classroom and online training, mentorships, and our Employee Resource Groups.
- Tuition assistance to help eligible employees manage the cost of furthering education for current students or those going back to grow their Progressive career.
- Formal and informal mentorship opportunities, which help develop technical skills and foster leadership capabilities.
- Business-area training for technical, personal or career development through Claims University, Marketing University, IT University, Agency Sales Learning & Development, and more.
- Company-wide soft skill development courses, including finance, human resources, legal, and telecommunications options.
- Opportunity for employees to create individualized development plans with goals for current or future roles, with the ability to add learning activities, track progress, and share with their managers.