Homeshare insurance is unavailable for purchase until further notice.

Protect your place with short-term rental insurance

If you rent your residence or rooms in your home through a service provider such as Airbnb, HomeAway®, VRBO®, onefinestay, or FlipKey®, you may have a coverage gap. Homeowners insurance policies may not cover homesharing and neither do many service providers.

If you’re hosting a short-term rental and don’t have landlord insurance or other applicable coverage, Progressive Homeshare insurance by Slice can help protect your home, valuables, and homeshare business. Best of all, it’s coverage that you can turn on and off—you only pay for the days you’re actually renting out your home.

Advantages of vacation rental insurance

  • Pay-per-use: Choose the days you want coverage, like only when your place is booked. Policies are offered for just one night and all the way up to a maximum stay of 45 consecutive nights.
  • Comprehensive: Protect more of your home with 18 coverages tailor-made for homeshare, including property and liability, that many homeowners policies and service providers don’t offer. See more on coverage below.
  • Personal protection: It’s the type of protection that many service providers recommend for homeshare hosts.
  • Fast + easy: You can file a claim online, with same-day resolution in many cases.
  • Affordability: Progressive Homeshare insurance by Slice costs less than $8/night on average.*

How Progressive Homeshare insurance by Slice works

Sign up online for free

You can sign up in minutes. Just enter a few details, and see how much it will cost to get coverage per night.

Choose the dates you want to cover

Select the dates when you want coverage, and you’ll only pay for those nights. No waiting! You can get coverage the very same day.

Make your payment

That’s it! There’s no paperwork to sign or file. After you pay, your policy will be in your name (not your service provider’s) and saved by Slice in your account.

What Progressive Homeshare Insurance by Slice covers

Standard Coverages


Personal property

Medical payments

Specialty homeshare insurance coverages

Loss of income

Excess use of utilities


Liquor liability coverage

Identity theft

Vacation rental insurance for travelers

Are you renting a home, condo or any other type of residence while you’re on vacation? Your homeowners, renters, or condo insurance policy can cover your personal items if lost, damaged or stolen.

Additionally, your personal liability coverage can protect you if you’re responsible for injuring someone or damaged property—even while you’re on vacation and away from your residence.

Travel insurance

If you’re going on vacation while you rent out your property, learn how you can protect your trip against cancellations and catastrophes with travel insurance.

How to insure your vacation home

If you own a second or "summer" home, you’ll need the same type of coverage you have on your primary residence. Quote home insurance and make sure you’re protected whether your vacation home is only occupied by you or if you rent out the property to guests.

Get the right coverage for your next homeshare

Get a quoteOr, call 1-855-979-6709