Homeshare Insurance

Offering a short-term rental? Get coverage for $8/night.*

Protect your place with short-term rental insurance

If you rent your residence or rooms in your home through a service provider such as Airbnb, HomeAway®, VRBO®, onefinestay, or FlipKey®, you may have a coverage gap. Homeowners insurance policies may not cover homesharing and neither do many service providers.

If you're hosting a short-term rental and don't have landlord insurance or other applicable coverage, Progressive Homeshare insurance by Slice can help protect your home, valuables, and homeshare business. Best of all, it's coverage that you can turn on and off—you only pay for the days you're actually renting out your home.

Advantages of vacation rental insurance

  • Pay-per-use Choose the days you want coverage, like only when your place is booked. Policies are offered for just one night and all the way up to a maximum stay of 45 consecutive nights.
  • Comprehensive Protect more of your home with 18 coverages tailor-made for homeshare, including property and liability, that many homeowners policies and service providers don't offer. See more on coverage below.
  • Personal protection It's the type of protection that many service providers recommend for homeshare hosts.
  • Fast + easy: You can file a claim online, with same-day resolution in many cases.
  • Affordability: Progressive Homeshare insurance by Slice costs less than $8/night on average.®

How Progressive Homeshare insurance by Slice works

Sign up online for free

You can sign up in minutes. Just enter a few details, and see how much it will cost to get coverage per night.

Choose the dates you want to cover

Select the dates when you want coverage, and you'll only pay for those nights. No waiting! You can get coverage the very same day.

Make your payment

That's it! There's no paperwork to sign or file. After you pay, your policy will be in your name (not your service provider's) and saved by Slice in your account.

What Progressive Homeshare Insurance by Slice covers

Belongings, liability, and medical payments coverages are included. Plus, you get 18 coverages specifically for homeshare—16 of which are without a deductible.

Standard insurance coverages


If you're responsible for injuries to someone else or damage to their property, you're protected under the liability portion of your policy. For example, if you don't properly repair your steps and a guest trips, liability will cover you if you're sued, up to your policy's limits.

Personal property

Your belongings inside your home are covered, from silverware and clothing, to your furniture and flat-screen TV.

Medical payments

We hope you'll always be safe. But if a guest causes injury to you, this coverage will pay up to $10,000 for your medical expenses.

Specialty homeshare insurance coverages

Loss of income

This benefit will replace the income you lose when you can't rent your house while it's being repaired after a covered claim.

Excess use of utilities

Worried that a guest will download hundreds of gigabytes of data while at your home, causing your internet bill to skyrocket? This coverage will pay for that, up to $1,000 for all utilities combined.


If a guest brings in a pest such as bed bugs, this will pay up to $5,000 for fumigation and to replace damaged property, including mattresses.

Liquor liability coverage

What if your guest over-serves alcohol or serves to a minor? If that happens at your place, this will cover your liability for any resulting injuries or property damage, up to $500,000.

Identity theft

If you're a victim of ID fraud, this coverage pays for the expenses necessary to correct records and monitor your credit.

Vacation rental insurance for travelers

Are you renting a home, condo or any other type of residence while you're on vacation? Your homeowners, renters, or condo insurance policy can cover your personal items if lost, damaged or stolen.

Additionally, your personal liability coverage can protect you if you're responsible for injuring someone or damaged property—even while you're on vacation and away from your residence.

Travel insurance

If you're going on vacation while you rent out your property, learn how you can protect your trip against cancellations and catastrophes with travel insurance.

How to insure your vacation home

If you own a second or "summer" home, you'll need the same type of coverage you have on your primary residence. Quote home insurance and make sure you're protected whether your vacation home is only occupied by you or if you rent out the property to guests.