Protect your place with short-term rental insurance
If you rent your residence or rooms in your home through a service provider such as Airbnb, HomeAway®, VRBO®, onefinestay, or FlipKey®, you may have a coverage gap. Homeowners insurance policies may not cover homesharing and neither do many service providers.
If you’re hosting a short-term rental and don’t have landlord insurance or other applicable coverage, Progressive Homeshare insurance by Slice can help protect your home, valuables, and homeshare business. Best of all, it’s coverage that you can turn on and off—you only pay for the days you’re actually renting out your home.
Advantages of vacation rental insurance
- Pay-per-use: Choose the days you want coverage, like only when your place is booked. Policies are offered for just one night and all the way up to a maximum stay of 45 consecutive nights.
- Comprehensive: Protect more of your home with 18 coverages tailor-made for homeshare, including property and liability, that many homeowners policies and service providers don’t offer. See more on coverage below.
- Personal protection: It’s the type of protection that many service providers recommend for homeshare hosts.
- Fast + easy: You can file a claim online, with same-day resolution in many cases.
- Affordability: Progressive Homeshare insurance by Slice costs less than $8/night on average.*
How Progressive Homeshare insurance by Slice works
Sign up online for free
You can sign up in minutes. Just enter a few details, and see how much it will cost to get coverage per night.
Choose the dates you want to cover
Select the dates when you want coverage, and you’ll only pay for those nights. No waiting! You can get coverage the very same day.
Make your payment
That’s it! There’s no paperwork to sign or file. After you pay, your policy will be in your name (not your service provider’s) and saved by Slice in your account.