Progressive’s experts rattle off their favorite online communities
Internet forums have evolved to the point where there’s one for virtually any topic you might fancy.
The challenge? Where to start. It’s especially daunting if your interest is shared by millions of people—boats, motorcycles, ATVs, and RVs, for example.
It’s actually a lot easier to find a forum if you’re obsessed with something very niche. For example, there’s actually a forum for chewing ice.
Yes, chewing ice.
Not that there’s anything wrong with that. I’m just sayin’…
Luckily, our Boat, ATV, Motorcycle and RV experts at Progressive have researched the myriad of forums related to those vehicles, and narrowed them down to the most useful and relevant.
They do it partly for research—forums are a great way to stay on top of current trends among serious enthusiasts. But, they also do it because many are bike, boat, ATV, or RV owners themselves, and they find forums a great place to engage with other owners and express their passion.
Here are some of their favorite forums, by vehicle type:
- ATV Connection: Includes topics for all things ATV
- Quad Crazy: A hub of various ATV forums separated by brand, type, and general discussions
- The Hull Truth: Mainly includes threads on larger fishing boats and related topics
- BD Outdoors: Dedicated to deep-sea fishing (BD stands for “bloody decks”), fishing reports, and hunting
- Chop Cult: Dedicated to choppers, bobbers, and cafe racers
- Adventure Rider: Caters to owners of adventure-style bikes, like KTM, BMW, etc.
- The RV Forum Community: The name says it all—an all-purpose site for all things RV
- RV Network: Topics include everything from RV housekeeping to Internet access on the road
Of course, we’re always on the lookout for other useful Internet communities. So if one of your favorites isn’t on this list, let us know about it in the comments section below. You might just meet one of us on an ATV discussion thread in the future.
Now, the next question is, who’s going to set up a forum for motorcyclists who enjoy chewing ice?