Sometimes a reliable set of wheels is all that stands between a veteran and his or her dreams:
This November Progressive will be hosting the fourth annual Keys to Progress® event in partnership with the National Auto Body Council’s Recycled Rides™ program so that more than 100 of our nation’s veterans and their families can drive away with a refurbished car.
Since 2013, we’ve donated more than 300 vehicles to deserving veterans and veteran organizations. To help those that served our country drive into a brighter future.
A future like Staff Sergeant James Sides’, a 2015 Keys to Progress recipient. Watch as he describes how much his ride means to him:
Giving back to those who give so much
So how do these cars get refurbished in the first place?
Watch as Caliber Collision technicians volunteer their time and talent to breathe new life into a vehicle destined to help a deserving veteran:
Along with the amazing work done by our network body shops, we also receive generous support and contributions from these partners as well:
- The National Auto Body Council graciously supports the Keys to Progress event as part of its Recycled Rides program.
- Enterprise provides insurance written by Progressive for each donated vehicle for the first six months and also offers free car rentals to transport families to the Progressive Service Centers for the event as needed.
- VRC Investigations, a veteran-owned and operated organization, helps support the recipient selection process each year.
- The Original 1-800-Charity Cars, donates resources to facilitate titling and registration of vehicles for recipients.
- Two national salvage partners, Copart and Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc., donate some of the vehicles.
For more information on Keys to Progress click here.