Progressive® Donates More Than 130 Vehicles to Deserving Military
Insurer Honors Veterans Day with Events Countrywide in Partnership with the National Auto Body Council, Veteran Organizations and Business Partners
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio — November 2, 2015 — This Veterans Day, more than 130 veterans and their families will be getting the keys to newly-refurbished vehicles as part of The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies' third annual Keys to Progress® event. The vehicle giveaways will take place on November 11th at 60 of Progressive's Service Centers across the country. Regularly used as one-stop facilities where Progressive handles claims and coordinates repairs for customers, on Veterans Day, the Service Centers will serve a different purpose. Several organizations are partnering with Progressive to make Keys to Progress a reality, including the National Auto Body Council (NABC) and its body shop members, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Veracity Research Investigations Inc. (VRC), and 1-800-Charity Cars.
For the annual program, Progressive works together with local NABC member body shops to recycle and donate vehicles that have been involved or recovered in a claim. They've been restored for the veterans as an extension of the NABC Recycled Rides® program. At more than 130 vehicles, it is once again the single largest one-day vehicle donation for the program, exceeding last year's record donation of 117 cars. Since the start of the Keys to Progress event and including this year, Progressive has donated considerable time and resources to provide more than 300 deserving military families and organizations with reliable transportation.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, approximately four in 10 veterans live in rural areas where available transportation options are limited, and where it's necessary for them to travel great distances to receive medical care, reach employment centers, and access other services. The continued expansion of the Progressive Keys to Progress event provides direct assistance to veterans and their families to provide reliable transportation so they can get back on the road faster and move forward in life.
"We recognize a need in our communities to provide support to military men and women who may be facing tough circumstances in life—from difficult personal and family health needs, to excessive rent burdens, unemployment and even homelessness," said Mike Sieger, Claims President. "One of Progressive's company core values is the Golden Rule. Keys to Progress is a great way to put that into action, extending that principle to people who have given so much for their country—our military veterans."
This is the third year that Progressive worked alongside National Auto Body Council, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Veracity Research Investigations, 1-800-Charity Cars, national salvage partners Copart and Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. (IAA), and numerous local charitable organizations to make Keys to Progress a reality:
- NABC member body shops volunteer staff, resources and thousands of hours of collective time to repair the vehicles free-of-charge to veterans.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car provides insurance for each donated vehicle for the first six months, and also offers free car rentals to transport families to the Progressive Service Centers for the event as needed. The insurance policies are written by Progressive.
- VRC Investigations, a veteran-owned and operated organization, helps support the recipient selection process each year.
- The Original 1-800-Charity Cars, powered by AudaExplore, a Solera Company, donates resources to facilitate titling and registration of vehicles for recipients.
- Salvage partners Copart and IAA donate some of the vehicles.
- Local charity partners help to identify the most deserving recipients in each region.
Progressive Service Centers participating in Keys to Progress are located in the following cities (some cities have multiple locations and will have multiple vehicles being given away):
- Arizona: Phoenix
- California: Pasadena, San Diego, Sacramento
- Colorado: Denver
- Connecticut: Hartford, New Haven
- Florida: Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach
- Georgia: Atlanta
- Illinois: Chicago
- Indiana: Indianapolis
- Kansas: Kansas City
- Louisiana: Baton Rouge, New Orleans
- Maryland: Baltimore
- Massachusetts: Boston
- Michigan: Detroit
- Minnesota: Minneapolis
- Missouri: St. Louis
- Nebraska: Omaha
- Nevada: Las Vegas
- New Jersey: South Plainfield
- New York: Albany, Buffalo
- Ohio: Akron, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma City
- Oregon: Portland
- Pennsylvania: Chester County, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia
- Rhode Island: Providence
- Texas: Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Houston, San Antonio
- Utah: Salt Lake City
- Virginia: Springfield, Virginia Beach
- Washington, D.C.
- Washington: Seattle
- Wisconsin: Milwaukee
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies makes it easy to understand, buy and use auto insurance. Progressive offers choices so consumers can reach it whenever, wherever and however it's most convenient—online at progressive.com, by phone at 1.800.PROGRESSIVE, on a mobile device or in-person with a local agent.
Progressive provides insurance for personal and commercial autos and trucks, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles, and homes. Home insurance is underwritten by select carriers, including its majority-owned subsidiary, American Strategic Insurance (ASI).
Progressive is the fourth largest auto insurer in the country; a leading seller of motorcycle and commercial auto insurance; and through ASI, one of the top 20 homeowners carriers. Progressive also offers car insurance online in Australia at http://www.progressiveonline.com.au.
The Common Shares of The Progressive Corporation, the Mayfield Village, Ohio-based holding company, trade publicly at NYSE:PGR.