A fifth-wheel trailer has the following characteristics:
- Similar to the conventional model, but has a raised forward section above a fifth wheel coupling device, creating a unique bilevel dimension.
- Ranges from 21 to 38 feet in length.
- Using a truck to tow allows for trailer designs up to 38 feet in length.
- Specially designed devices are generally mounted to pickup beds.
- Built on a welded steel chassis.
- Contains luxuries such as a large living area, all appliances, and bathing, cooking and sleeping facilities.