Hurricanes, hail, tornadoes, flooding — these and other extreme weather conditions can threaten your driving safety and damage your car. Learn how to prepare for hazardous weather and help minimize the damage to your vehicle using our weather driving safety tips.
Weather Driving Safety Tips
Driving safety practices can protect you, your passengers and your vehicle. We give you the facts about safety equipment, and we keep you informed about the most important driving safety tips, including how to handle natural disasters and weather emergencies, how to keep your family safe when you're on the road, and more. But first, do you have the automobile insurance coverage you need?
Weather driving safety tips include:
- Our driving safety tips can help you stay calm and put yourself in the best position possible during an earthquake.
- Flash floods are the number one weather-related killer in the United States. Most flood fatalities happen because people try to drive through deadly waters rather than avoid them.
- When in a hailstorm, you can follow specific driving safety tips, including staying inside the vehicle, pulling off the road to a safe place, keeping your car angled, and more.
- Hurricanes can spawn tornadoes, landslides and floods, so if you're in a hurricane's path, you should take extra precautions to ensure a safe evacuation and return to the area. Our weather driving tips can help.
- Winter brings some of the most challenging driving conditions. Follow these tips to stay safe behind the wheel. Click the link to open the PDF.