What is cell phone insurance?
Cell phone insurance protects against damage to your device that isn’t covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, in addition to lost or stolen phones. It’s like any other insurance plan where you pay a monthly or yearly premium for your coverage, and then your phone is protected in the event of a covered loss.
How does cell phone insurance work?
When purchasing cell phone insurance, choose the coverage amount and policy term that fits your needs. Coverage amounts will vary and policy terms last anywhere from one to three years. In the event of a covered loss, your insurer will pay to repair or replace your phone, minus your deductible.
What does a cell phone insurance plan cover?
Although coverage plans vary by carrier, here’s what a plan from Progressive Phone and Electronic Device insurance by Worth Ave. Group will cover:
- Liquid damage
- Theft and vandalism
- Drops and accidental damage
- Breaks and cracked screens
- Fire, flood, and natural disasters
- Power surges from lightning
What isn’t covered by cell phone insurance?
Here’s a list of what a cell phone insurance plan typically won’t cover:
- Natural wear and tear
- Cosmetic flaws
- Unauthorized repairs
Your cell phone will come with a manufacturer’s warranty which usually covers any defects or malfunctions that are the fault of the manufacturer. For example, if your charging port, camera, or software is defective and it’s a manufacturing error, your phone’s warranty would cover the cost of fixing or replacing your cell phone.
How much is a cell phone insurance plan?
The cost of your cell phone insurance plan can vary based on the carrier you choose, type of coverage, and the amount of your deductible. With Progressive Phone and Electronic Device insurance by Worth Ave. Group,* you can get two years of iPhone insurance for as low as $8/month** with unlimited claims. Plus, you’ll get a 5% discount when you buy your policy through Progressive.
Keep in mind, most cell phone insurance deductibles range from $50 to $200, but can vary based on the brand, model, age of your phone, your coverage amounts, and policy terms.
Why do I need cell phone insurance?
The high cost to repair or replace a phone can make phone insurance a near necessity. And for most people, their phone is a vital part of their day-to-day life, whether it’s for business or personal use. Suddenly damaging or losing your phone immediately disrupts your ability to communicate with friends, family, and co-workers. But with cell phone insurance, a potentially expensive and inconvenient problem becomes very easy to fix.
Still not sure if you need a protection plan? Consider these questions when deciding if cell phone insurance is right for you:
- Do you use your cell phone to stay connected with family and friends?
- Do you use your phone for work, emergencies, internet access, or all of the above?
- Do you have a history of having your phone stolen or dropping it?
- Do you use your phone while exercising or being active?
- Do you have children who use your phone?
- Do you own an expensive smartphone or iPhone that would be costly to replace without insurance?
- Do you rely on your personal cell phone for business and would need a replacement as soon as possible if it was lost, stolen, or damaged?
- Do you work in extreme conditions near water or heavy machinery that could put your phone at risk?
If your answer is "yes" for any of the above, then cell phone insurance can be a smart choice. If you’re not prepared to spend hundreds of dollars to repair or replace your phone at any moment, cell phone insurance can save you time, money, and the headache of being stranded with a broken phone.
How to get cell phone insurance
Get a quote from Progressive Phone and Electronic Device insurance by Worth Ave. Group.
Call a rep
Call 1-866-749-7436 and speak with a representative today!