Alabama renters insurance
Renters insurance offers liability protection and coverage for your personal belongings at an affordable price, and a Progressive renters insurance policy can be customized to your unique needs. Check out the coverages and discounts for renters insurance in Alabama.
Is renters insurance required in Alabama?
There are no laws mandating Alabama renters insurance, but it's sometimes required by landlords or apartment buildings as a condition for moving in. Even if your new home doesn't require renters insurance, it's an affordable way to protect your belongings, yourself, and your family.
Alabama renters insurance coverages
Check out the four standard coverages on nearly all Alabama renters insurance policies:
- Personal property protects your personal belongings, including furniture, clothing, and electronics.
- Loss of use helps cover costs associated with an increase in living expenses, up to your policy's limit, if you're unable to stay in your home while it's being repaired or rebuilt due to a covered loss.
- Personal liability protects you financially if you're legally responsible for another person's injuries or damage to their property.
- Medical payments to others pays for medical expenses due to a covered occurrence.
For tenants renting apartments, condos, or homes, the best renters insurance in Alabama is always a policy with customized coverage limits. Here are some extra options for when you need more protection:
- Certain valuable items, like jewelry, art and collectibles, may have specific limits on your renters policy. If your items exceed the limit, you may be able to purchase an endorsement for your policy, also known as "adding a rider," to cover the item for its value.
- Personal injury: May pay for legal fees and damages if you’re liable for slander or defamation.
- Water back-up: Water that backs up through sewers or drains or discharges from a sump pump may not be covered by your standard renters policy. Water back-up coverage may pay for the damage to your belongings and water removal costs.
Learn more about renters insurance coverages.
Common claims in Alabama
The burglary rate in Alabama is ranked 11th among all states. Personal property coverage on your renters policy may pay to repair or replace stolen or vandalized items, up to your coverage limits and minus your deductible.
Are you moving and wondering how to insure your belongings while they're in transit? Learn more about insurance for your property while moving or in storage.
Discounts on Alabama renters insurance
Progressive offers several discounts to help lower the cost of renters insurance in Nevada, such as:
- Quote in advance
- Pay in full
- Secured/gated community
See more of our available renters insurance discounts.
Bundle renters with auto insurance and save! We make it simple to get a bundled quote and earn a multi-policy discount, even from your phone.
What does Alabama renters insurance cost?
You can buy Alabama renters insurance for less than $1/day.* Many components influence the cost of renters insurance in Alabama , including your location and coverage limits. Learn more about renters insurance cost factors.