Types of Smart Car insurance coverage
The types of car insurance coverages available for Smart Cars are the same as those available for other vehicles and drivers, including:
- Liability: Auto liability coverage can pay for injuries and property damage you cause to someone else while driving.
- Uninsured Motorist: Uninsured motorist coverage may help If a driver hits you and doesn't have auto insurance or enough coverage to pay for your medical bills or vehicle repairs.
- Medical Payments & Personal Injury Protection: Medical payments coverage and personal injury protection can pay for medical bills or funeral expenses if you're in an accident or hit by a car while walking or riding a bike. Personal injury protection can also pay for lost wages resulting from an accident.
- Collision: Collision coverage may help pay to repair or replace your vehicle if you hit an object, such as another car, tree, or telephone pole.
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive coverage can pay for weather-related damage, vandalism, theft, fire, and other vehicle damage caused by events outside your control.
How much does a Smart Car cost to insure?
A Smart Car may or may not cost more to insure than other types of vehicles. This is because the type of car you drive is just one of dozens of factors insurers use to determine auto insurance rates. Other factors include your age, marital status, driving record, coverage limits, and more.
The type of Smart Car you drive may also impact your rate. Since electric vehicles may cost more to insure, an electric Smart Car may have a higher insurance rate than a gas-powered Smart Car.
Ways to save on Smart Car insurance
Insuring your Smart Car doesn't have to break the bank. Insurance companies offer many different car insurance discounts for Smart Car drivers, which can help you save on your premium. Examples of typical discounts include:
- Pay in full: If you pay your premium for the policy period in one payment instead of installments, you might save.
- Multi-policy: Purchasing more than one policy from the same insurance company often gets you a discount.
Looking for more information about auto insurance? Our car insurance resource center has you covered.