Wyoming renters insurance
Progressive offers customized protection and discounts for renters insurance in Wyoming. Get dependable renters insurance in The Equality State. Learn what coverages are included and get a personalized renters insurance quote.
Is renters insurance required in Wyoming?
Wyoming law doesn't require you to have renters insurance. However, your landlord or property management company may require you to get a renters insurance policy before they let you move in. Having coverage to protect your belongings against certain perils may be a wise reason to consider taking out a renters insurance policy, even if it's not required. Renters insurance is usually inexpensive and can protect you against covered perils that may result in financial loss.
Wyoming renters insurance coverages
Check out the four standard coverages on nearly all Wyoming renters insurance policies:
- Personal property protects your personal belongings, including furniture, clothing, and electronics.
- Loss of use helps cover costs associated with an increase in living expenses, up to your policy's limit, if you're unable to stay in your home while it's being repaired or rebuilt due to a covered loss.
- Personal liability protects you financially if you're legally responsible for another person's injuries or damage to their property.
- Medical payments to others pays for medical expenses due to a covered occurrence.
For tenants renting apartments, condos, or homes, the best renters insurance in Wyoming is always a policy with customized coverage limits. Here are some extra options for when you need more protection:
- Certain valuable items, like jewelry, art and collectibles, may have specific limits on your renters policy. If your items exceed the limit, you may be able to purchase an endorsement for your policy, also known as "adding a rider," to cover the item for its value.
- Personal injury: May pay for legal fees and damages if you're liable for slander or defamation.
- Water back-up: Water that backs up through sewers or drains or discharges from a sump pump may not be covered by your standard renters policy. Water back-up coverage may pay for the damage to your belongings and water removal costs.
Learn more about renters insurance coverages.
Common claims in Wyoming
Weather-related damages in Wyoming are most often related to the effects of snowstorms, hailstorms, or tornadoes. Your Wyoming renters insurance policy may pay for damaged personal belongings from a covered peril up to your policy's limits, less your personal property insurance deductible and any possible sub limits.
Rental homes, condos, and apartments in Wyoming can experience flooding from rising water levels, including those from snow melting and occasional waterway blockage due to ice, trees, or fallen debris. While a standard renters policy doesn't cover flood damage, a separate flood insurance policy may protect your belongings against flooding.
Discounts on Wyoming renters insurance
Progressive offers several discounts to help lower the cost of renters policies in Wyoming, such as:
- Quote in advance
- Pay in full
- Secured/gated community
See more of our available renters insurance discounts.
Progressive makes buying renters insurance easy. Use our Home Quote Explorer® tool to compare rates and coverages from multiple renters insurance companies.
How much is renters insurance in Wyoming?
Your location and coverage limits may influence the cost of renters insurance in Wyoming, among other factors. Learn more about renters insurance cost factors.