Oklahoma RV insurance

When you want to hit the road without leaving home behind, an RV can be the perfect solution. Whether you have a motorhome or a pull-behind trailer, having the right insurance coverages will help provide peace of mind while you travel. In some cases, you'll need certain coverages to comply with Oklahoma state law.

5 min to read

Explore Progressive's editorial standards for Answers articles to find out why you can trust the insurance information you find here.

What are Oklahoma's RV insurance requirements?

Class A, Class B, and Class C motorhomes can move under their own power. As such, the legal requirement for this kind of RV insurance in Oklahoma is the same as for regular cars, trucks, and vans in terms of liability coverage:

  • $25,000 in bodily injury per person
  • $50,000 in total bodily injury per accident
  • $25,000 in property damage per accident

The only time you don't need liability coverage for an RV is if it can't move under its own power – in other words, if it needs to be towed, like with a pop-up or travel trailer. The liability coverage on the policy for the vehicle that tows the trailer would cover the trailer, too. However, if you want comprehensive or collision coverage for the trailer, you have to get a separate RV insurance policy for that.

How does $125/year* for RV insurance sound to you? We offer liability policies that start as low as that – get an online RV insurance quote to determine what a policy would cost for your own RV.

What's included in an Oklahoma RV insurance policy?

Bodily injury and property damage liability coverage

Liability coverage can pay for damages you cause to others if you're at fault for an accident. Bodily injury pays for medical bills, and property damage liability pays for damage you cause to someone else’s property.

Comprehensive and collision coverage

Comprehensive and collision are generally optional coverages, but if you're leasing your RV or paying off a loan for it, your lender may require one or both.

Comprehensive coverage may pay for repairs when forces beyond your control damage your RV, including theft, vandalism, animal collision, severe weather, fire, and glass breakage.

Collision coverage, may pay to repair damage from accidents, including collisions with other vehicles and objects like trees or road signs.

What if I live in my RV full-time?

Full-time RV insurance policies are different from standard recreational policies, so when you're shopping for Oklahoma RV insurance, be sure to specify whether you plan to live in your RV most or all of the time. These are some of the key differences between recreational and full-time policies:

  • Loss assessment: This coverage may pay for costs to repair the property where your vehicle is parked.
  • Medical payments: Medical coverage may pay for medical bills if someone hurts themselves in your RV or the surrounding area.
  • Personal liability: The required minimum liability coverage only protects your RV while driving. If you live in your RV, full-time insurance may pay for damage you cause others while the RV is parked.

Other RV coverages available in Oklahoma

Progressive lets you customize your RV insurance with a range of optional coverages such as:

Pest damage protection can help pay for repairs when a wild animal like a bird or raccoon damages your RV.**

Replacement cost/personal effects can help you repair or replace belongings in the RV that have been lost or damaged during a covered incident.

Roadside assistance can pay for a tow to the nearest repair shop if your RV gets a flat tire or otherwise breaks down.

Roof Protection Plus® can pay to replace or repair the damaged roof of your motorhome, even if the damage is the result of normal wear and tear.**

Pet coverage can pay for up to $1,000 in veterinary expenses if your pet is injured in a covered accident.

Total loss replacement pays for the cost of a brand-new RV if yours is totaled in a covered incident.

Emergency expense coverage can pay for travel and hotel costs if your RV is inoperable due to a covered event when you're over 50 miles from home.

Learn about all the available RV insurance coverages.

How much is RV insurance in Oklahoma?

Oklahoma RV insurance rates are based on many factors, such as:

  • Type and model: Bigger, newer RVs are generally more costly to insure than smaller ones. Motorhomes are usually more expensive to insure than travel trailers.
  • Use: The more you use your RV, the more you're likely to pay to insure it.
  • Claims history: Your history of making insurance claims can affect your rates.

Learn more about how RV insurance rates are calculated.

Pro tip:

Even if you're looking to insure a pop-up trailer, you can get a pop-up trailer insurance quote online. We cover all kinds and sizes of RVs.

How can I get lower rates for RV insurance in Oklahoma?

Lower your cost for RV insurance in Oklahoma with the following Progressive discounts:

  • Multi-policy discount: Bundling multiple Progressive policies can help you save.
  • Homeowner: Owning a home, condo, or single or double-wide will lower your rates even if you don't insure that home with Progressive.
  • Original owner: If you're the vehicle's first owner, you'll pay less to insure it.
  • Accident-free: A clean driving record for the last three years can lower your premium.

Find out more about all the RV insurance discounts we offer.

How to get RV insurance in Oklahoma


Customize your coverage to fit your RV and your unique needs.

Quote RV insurance

Call a rep

You'll speak with a licensed representative who will guide you through everything.

Call 1-866-749-7436

Through an agent

Connect with a licensed, independent agent near you.

Find an agent in Oklahoma

Hit the open road with RV insurance from Progressive

Learn more about our RV insurance offering.