What’s included in a standard Progressive Hawaii boat insurance policy?
Bodily injury liability coverage and property damage liability coverage helps pay for damages and injuries. Property damage liability covers damage to docks, marinas, and other boats, while bodily injury liability covers the medical costs associated with injuries sustained by other boaters or by guests and visitors while aboard. As with any boat liability coverage, choose a coverage limit that best protects you and your assets.
If you need more than a $500,000 liability limit, a Progressive umbrella policy can offer extra protection for up to $5 million.
Wreckage removal coverage can help remove your boat from the water if it sinks.
Fuel spill covers the cost of legally required cleaning that comes with spilled fuel.
Watersport coverage pays for medical expenses for injuries gained from water-tubing, water-skiing, and other related sports.
Optional Progressive boat coverages
Comprehensive and collision: Comprehensive coverage helps repair or replace your boat if it's damaged by events outside your control, such as fire, theft, or vandalism. This type of coverage is particularly useful when your boat is in storage, and you are not actively checking on it. Collision coverage pays for repairs to your boat if you collide with another vessel or object like a buoy or dock. If you're financing your boat, your lender will likely require both comprehensive and collision. Learn more about comprehensive and collision coverage for boats.
Sign & Glide®: Sign & Glide® towing assistance† will help if your boat is stuck in the water with on-water towing, jump starts, fuel delivery††, and more.
Fishing equipment or carry-on items: If your fishing equipment or other gear is lost or stolen, you can receive the full replacement cost up to $10,000 for fishing gear, scuba gear, phones, and other items.
See all Progressive boat insurance coverages.
Does Progressive insure yachts?
You’ll see plenty of boats on the water, including yachts. If you're a boater in the state of Hawaii with a yacht more than 26 feet, Progressive may still be able to help you get the insurance you need.
How much is boat insurance in Hawaii?
Hawaii is considered a high-cost state in terms of Progressive boat insurance cost. Many factors determine your rate for boat insurance, including:
- Make, model, and year of the boat: Insuring larger, older, or more expensive boats often leads to higher premiums.
- Boating experience: More experienced boaters may pay less for boat insurance than newer boaters.
- Claims history: This may include both at-fault and not-at-fault claims.
- Horsepower: Boats with stronger engines may cost more to insure.
Learn more about factors that impact boat insurance cost.
How can I lower my boat insurance rate in Hawaii?
Discounts vary by state, but you may be able to lower your rate with the following Progressive discounts:
- Responsible driver: If you've had no auto or watercraft violations or accidents in three years, you could earn a discount.
- Association: If you're a member of the US Coast Guard Auxiliary or the US Power Squadron; you can receive a discount.
- Prompt payment: Simply paying on time can qualify you for a discount.
- Pay in full: Paying your boat policy upfront and in full may result in a discount.
See if you qualify for more boat insurance discounts.