Washington RV insurance

Whether you live in your RV full-time or take it out for summer road trips, Progressive has the RV insurance coverages you need for peace of mind. Learn how much RV insurance you need in Washington state and how you can save more on your policy.

2 min to read

Explore Progressive's editorial standards for Answers articles to find out why you can trust the insurance information you find here.

What are Washington's RV insurance requirements?

Washington state's RV insurance requirements are the same as those for auto insurance, mandating minimum liability limits of:

  • $25,000 in bodily injury per person
  • $50,000 in total bodily injury per accident
  • $10,000 in property damage per accident

If you have a travel or utility trailer, your towing vehicle's liability coverage applies instead. However, it's worth considering a separate trailer insurance policy so your trailer is protected by comprehensive and collision coverage. These coverages can protect your trailer from damage if something happens, like hitting another vehicle as you back up.

What would an RV insurance policy cost you? Get a free RV insurance quote online to find out. We offer liability policies for as little as $125/year.*

What coverages are available for a Washington RV insurance policy?

Bodily injury and property damage liability coverage

Bodily injury and property damage liability coverage can help pay for someone else's medical bills, repair expenses, and more if you cause an accident while driving your RV in the event of an at-fault accident. Every motorhome insurance policy includes liability coverage.

Comprehensive and collision coverage

Comprehensive and collision are optional coverages you can add to your RV policy. However, if you lease or finance your RV, your lender may require you to carry them.

Comprehensive coverage can repair or replace your RV when events beyond your control damage it, such as vandalism, extreme weather, fire, and collisions with wild animals. Also, comprehensive protects your RV even when it's parked or in storage, so it can be helpful even if you live in the vehicle and don't drive it much.

Collision coverage, by comparison, protects your vehicle from damage that results from accidents (except wildlife collisions, which are covered under comprehensive). That can include collisions with other vehicles, objects like trees or road signs, or even accidents like rollovers that don't involve anyone else.

What if I live in my RV full-time?

If you live in an RV most or all the time, you may need more protection than a standard recreational Washington RV insurance policy offers. Progressive offers full-time RV insurance coverage for RVers who use their vehicle as a permanent residence. Full-timer's gives you more liability coverage for injuries that happen in or around your RV when it is parked, similar to the liability coverage you'd receive with a homeowners policy.

Other RV coverages available from Progressive in Washington

In addition to the coverages mentioned above, you can customize your RV insurance with:

Pet coverage can pay for up to $1,000 in veterinary expenses if your pet is injured in a covered accident.

Replacement cost/personal effects can pay to repair or replace belongings in the RV that have been lost or damaged during a covered incident.

Roof Protection Plus® can pay to replace or repair the damaged roof of your motorhome, even if the damage is the result of normal wear and tear.**

Total loss replacement pays for the cost of a brand-new RV if yours is totaled in a covered incident.

Pest damage protection can help pay for repairs when a wild animal like a bird or raccoon damages your RV.**

Emergency expense coverage can pay for travel and hotel costs if your RV is inoperable due to a covered event when you're over 50 miles from home.

Roadside assistance can pay for a tow to the nearest repair shop if your RV gets a flat tire or otherwise breaks down.

Learn more about our RV insurance coverages.

How much is RV insurance in Washington state?

Just like with auto insurance policies, Washington RV insurance policy prices are determined by many different factors, such as:

  • Claims history: Your history of making insurance claims can affect your rates.
  • Type and model: Bigger, newer RVs are generally more costly to insure than smaller ones. Motorhomes are usually more expensive to insure than travel trailers.
  • Use: The more you use your RV, the more you're likely to pay to insure it.

Learn more about what affects the cost of RV insurance.

Pro tip:

From pop-up trailers to Class C motorhomes and everything in between, we cover all kinds of RVs. Get a quote for pop-up trailer insurance online from us.

How can I get lower rates for RV insurance in Washington state?

Discounts aren't the same in every state, but we offer a variety of ways to save. You may be able to save with discounts like:

  • Original owner: If you're the vehicle's first owner, you'll earn a discount.
  • Accident-free: A clean driving record for the last three years can lower your rate.
  • Homeowner: Owning a home, condo, or single- or double-wide will get you a discount even if you don't insure that home with Progressive.
  • Multi-policy discount: Bundling multiple Progressive policies can help you save too.

Find out more about the RV insurance discounts we offer.

How to get RV insurance in Washington state


Customize your coverage to fit your RV and your unique needs.

Get an RV insurance quote

Call a rep

You'll speak with a licensed representative who will guide you through everything.

Call 1-866-749-7436

Through an agent

Connect with a licensed, independent agent near you.

Find an agent in Washington

Hit the open road with RV insurance from Progressive

Learn more about our RV insurance offering.