New Jersey RV insurance
Whether you're near the Boardwalk or in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, New Jersey is a great place to ride and park your RV. Relax knowing your RV is protected with proper coverage from Progressive at an affordable price.
What are New Jersey's RV insurance requirements?
New Jersey requires every motorist to have liability coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection. If you drive a motorhome, you need a policy with the following liability limits:
- $15,000 in bodily injury per person
- $30,000 in total bodily injury per accident
- $5,000 in property damage per accident
If you’re towing a travel trailer, the liability coverage limits above must be on the auto policy for your tow vehicle. However, you still need a separate policy to insure your travel trailer against physical damage.
RV insurance doesn't have to break the bank. Find out what your policy would cost with an online RV insurance quote for your motorhome or travel trailer.
New Jersey RV insurance coverages
Bodily injury and property damage liability coverage
Bodily injury liability coverage helps pay the cost of any injuries and medical expenses another person sustains in an accident you cause. Property damage liability can help to pay to repair another person's vehicle and belongings if you're liable for their damages. New Jersey's minimum liability limits are lower than most states, but you can increase your coverage limits in order to better protect your assets.
Comprehensive and collision coverage
If you finance your motorhome or travel trailer, comprehensive and collision coverage are generally required by your lender.
Comprehensive coverage can protect against events beyond your control such as: fire, theft, vandalism, weather related issues, glass breakage and collisions with animals.
Collision coverage can pay for the repair or replacement of your RV if it's damaged in a crash with another object, such as another vehicle, fence or building, tree, road sign or pothole.
What if I live in my RV full-time?
Those who live in their RVs full-time may need more protections than a recreational policy offers. Full-time RV insurance policies provide these extra coverages:
- Personal liability: Personal liability coverage may cover you if you're liable for another party's injuries or damages, even when your RV is parked.
- Medical payments: If someone is injured in your RV or around it (like slipping on wet steps), medical payments coverage may pay their medical expenses.
- Loss assessment: This coverage pays the cost of fees charged to you by RV park associations for repairs.
Other RV coverages available in New Jersey
There's a long list of RV insurance coverages available from Progressive to help suit your needs, including:
Total loss replacement pays for the cost of a brand-new, never registered RV if yours is totaled in a covered incident.
Roadside assistance covers the cost of towing to a repair shop if you get stuck with a flat tire, engine failure, or similar problem.
Replacement cost/personal effects covers the cost of your personal belongings if they're lost or damaged in an accident.
Emergency expense coverage pays for hotel and travel costs if you're stranded more than 50 miles away from home due to your RV breaking down.
Pet coverage covers up to $1,000 in veterinary costs if your pet is injured in a covered accident.
Pest damage protection can help pay for repairs when a wild animal like a bird or raccoon damages your RV.**
Roof Protection Plus® can pay to replace or repair the damaged roof of your motorhome, even if the damage is the result of normal wear and tear.**
Learn about all the available RV insurance coverages.
How much is RV insurance in New Jersey?
As with standard auto insurance, New Jersey RV insurance rates are personal and based on many factors, including:
- Driving experience: Due to the difficulty of operating an RV, a driver with less experience may pay higher rates.
- Claims history: Your history of making insurance claims can affect your rates.
- Driving record: If your driving record is clean, your rate may be lower than those with multiple moving violations.
Learn more about how RV insurance rates are calculated.
Not every RV is the same size, but we cover all kinds and sizes. Even if you've got a small pop-up trailer, you can get a pop-up trailer insurance quote online!
How can I get lower rates for RV insurance in New Jersey?
Lower your cost for RV insurance in New Jersey with the following discounts from Progressive:
- Multi-policy discount: Bundle your home, motorcycle, or other policy with your RV insurance and earn a discount.
- Pay in full: Pay your entire premium up front for an easy discount.
- Claim free renewal: If you have no claims throughout the year, you'll earn a discount at renewal.
Find out more about all the RV insurance discounts we offer.