The Progressive Art Collection promotes our company culture - the unique confluence of our people, values, aspirations, and work environment - by encouraging the pursuit of innovation and change.
In concert with Progressive’s Core Values, the Progressive Art Collection presents excellence in artistic achievement while providing a stimulating work environment that encourages open-mindedness to what is unfamiliar and different. Wholly committed to creativity and diversity in our corporate community, the Corporate Art department uses the Progressive Art Collection as a tool to spark rich dialogue about the ideas and concerns of our time, ultimately inspiring our people to risk, learn, and grow.
Interesting Facts About the Collection
- The Progressive Art Collection began in 1974, with 30 artworks acquired that year.
- On average, Progressive acquires 200 artworks for the collection each year.
- In 1985, Toby Devan Lewis worked with Progressive leadership to establish the Corporate Art department.
- Today, the collection includes more than 7,500 artworks.
- The art collection is displayed in over 300 Progressive offices countrywide.
- Over 2,000 contemporary artists from around the world are represented in our collection.
- No art is kept in storage.
- The art education program reaches all 25,000 employees across the country.
- Progressive hosts a biennial exhibition showcasing the artistic talent of our own people.
- In 1980 Progressive began commissioning forward-thinking artists to create art for our Annual Report.