This mobile home insurance is provided and serviced by a trusted, third party in most states.. Read more

    Protection that's specific to your home

    Mobile home insurance is similar to homeowners insurance, but instead you get specialized coverage for your factory-built home. Whether you need manufactured home insurance or modular home insurance, Progressive can customize a policy to meet the needs of your property.

    Types of mobile homes

    Modular home characteristics

    • Built off-site in a factory and then transported to a specific location
    • May be on a permanent foundation instead of being tied down
    • Can be placed on a basement or crawlspace
    • May have multiple levels
    • Manufactured to satisfy local and state building codes

    Manufactured home characteristics

    • Constructed on a movable steel chassis with just one level
    • Manufactured in sections and transported to the building site on wheels
    • Typically less expensive per square foot than site-built homes
    • Can be placed on a basement or crawlspace
    • Built to conform to federal (HUD) building codes

    Mobile home insurance coverages

    Standard coverages

    The following protections are included on most mobile/modular home policies:




    Loss of use

    Extra coverage*

    Depending on your provider and state, you may be able to add additional protection, including:

    Replacement cost coverage

    Trip collision coverage

    Single deductible benefit

    How to get insurance for your mobile home

    Quote online or call 1-855-347-3939 and experience how easy it is to safeguard your manufactured or modular home. Here are a handful of things to know so we can provide the most accurate quote:

    • How is the home built? Know the basic details about your home’s construction, including the year it was built, square footage, and whether it’s considered manufactured or modular.
    • Is your home currently insured? If so, tell us your provider and how long you’ve had coverage.
    • Do you need special coverage, like flood insurance? If your home is in a flood zone or you live near a body of water, you may need separate flood insurance coverage.
    • Do you escrow or pay separately? You can certainly use an escrow account, plus we offer a range of payment options to fit your budget.

    Get the right coverage for your mobile home today

    Get a quoteOr, call 1-855-347-3939