Or, quote another product
The dental insurance you need at the price you want
With Progressive Health by eHealth, all it takes is a few minutes to find the dental insurance plan that fits your budget and care needs. When you use eHealth’s free plan finders and comparison tools, you can quickly compare the best plans available in your area from among 270+ carriers. Most plans offered through eHealth cover preventative and basic dental care. Get a quote for dental insurance today and give your teeth the care they need.
Looking for other types of plans? See more health insurance options.
What is full-coverage dental insurance?
The term full-coverage doesn’t have just one definition. When some people refer to full-coverage dental insurance, they mean it covers basic services, like teeth cleaning and X-rays. Others use full-coverage to refer to dental insurance that also covers major procedures, such as root canals or tooth implants. Fortunately, eHealth can provide you with plan options that cover the entire range of dental services. Get a quote to find a dental insurance plan that provides the coverage you want.
What does dental insurance cover?
Different dental insurance plans cover different services. A basic dental plan typically covers preventative care and common treatments, either with or without a co-pay, such as:
- Teeth cleanings
- Cavity fillings (using silver/amalgam)
Other plans may provide more extensive coverage, helping to pay for major dental procedures, including:
- Root canals
- Dental implants
If there are certain services or procedures you’d like to see included in your dental insurance, check the details of each plan during the quoting process. If you have any questions about your coverage options, use eHealth’s 24/7 chat support or call 1-855-964-0885 to ask one of their dedicated experts.
How dental insurance works
As with most types of health insurance, your dental insurance plan typically includes a deductible, co-pays, co-insurance, and a maximum annual benefit. Here’s a quick breakdown of how these features apply to your dental care.
- Deductible: This is the amount you’re required to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance kicks in.
- Co-pay: A co-pay is a set dollar amount your dental insurance carrier requires you to pay for certain services and procedures. Depending on the insurer or policy, your co-pay may count towards your deductible.
- Co-insurance: This determines what percentage of your dental care you’ll pay for after you meet your deductible. So, if you have 30% co-insurance, you’ll pay 30% of your dental costs, while your insurance pays 70%.
- Maximum annual benefit: This is the maximum amount your insurance pays out for each person on your policy during the calendar year.
Your deductible, co-pay, co-insurance, and maximum annual benefit vary based on the individual policy and type of plan you select. There are four plan types offered through Progressive Health by eHealth, each with a varying degree of choice and out-of-pocket cost.
- DPPO: You can go to most dentists, though in-network dentists are less expensive. You have a co-pay for procedures, with a deductible and maximum annual benefit.
- DHMO: You must choose one in-network dentist or facility; out-of-network dentists are not covered. You pay a co-pay, but no deductible or maximum annual benefit.
- Fee-for-service: You can visit almost any dentist, though you pay a fee in addition to a co-pay with each visit.
- Discount plans: You have no limitations on your choice of dentist. With each visit, you pay a discounted fee and pay the rest of your care out of pocket.
When choosing a dental insurance plan, make sure you’re comfortable with any network limits and out-of-pocket costs associated with your plan before applying.
How much does dental insurance cost?
The cost of a dental insurance plan varies based on your location, type of plan, and the amount of coverage your policy provides. Dental plans offered through eHealth have a variety of options available to suit your specific needs. Get a quote for dental insurance today and find a plan that puts a smile on your face.