Home warranty plans protect your budget and keep your household running
Repairing or replacing a home appliance or system can wreck your wallet, often costing you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. From a busted water heater to a broken air conditioner, Progressive Home Warranty by TotalProtect helps you safeguard your hard-earned money from unexpected household expenses. TotalProtect delivers affordable, timely and quality service, plus industry-leading value with a national network of service providers.
Remember, homeowners insurance won’t cover items that break down from wear and tear. Your homeowners warranty complements your home insurance policy if your covered appliance or home system has a mechanical failure due to everyday use.
What does a home warranty cover?
Home warranty coverages will vary based on the plan you select, but can protect nearly all your home essentials—including optional coverage for pools and spas:††
- Kitchen appliances: Refrigerator (including built-in ice and water dispensers), stove, oven, dishwasher, built-in trash compactor, garbage disposal, microwave and more
- Laundry appliances: Washer and dryer
- Plumbing system: Water heater, toilet, interior leaks and breaks for water, waste, drain, vent and gas lines, plumbing stoppages, sump pump, whirlpool bathtub and more
- Heating and cooling systems: Air conditioning unit and heating unit
- Electrical system: Exhaust fan, central vacuum, doorbell/chime, garage door opener, smoke detector, main breaker/fuse panel box and interior electrical lines
How does a home warranty work?
TotalProtect lets you compare different plans customized to your needs or budget. Your home warranty’s cost will vary based on your state, the plan you select, and the amount of your deductible. Once you choose and purchase a plan, your coverage begins 30 days later. All TotalProtect plans include coverage for unknown pre-existing conditions and rust corrosion with no inspection required.*
Available 24/7 to service your claim, TotalProtect will help you find a reputable service provider in your area. You can also file a claim online. If your item can’t be fixed, it will be replaced. Additionally, TotalProtect offers unique features and comprehensive protection that makes having a home warranty worth it:
- 180-day Workmanship Guarantee: Covered repairs through TotalProtect home warranties are guaranteed for six months.
- Homeowners Deductible Reimbursement: If you filed a claim on your home insurance policy and paid a deductible, TotalProtect will reimburse you up to $1,000 per year.†
- Emergency lodging: TotalProtect will reimburse you for up to twelve nights and $1,200 per year in a hotel if you’re unable to live in your home while your repairs are completed.**
- Discounts on appliance purchases: Save up to 30% on brand name appliances through TotalProtect’s proprietary Appliance Buyline.®