Apron Relief Program
Extra support during the COVID-19 crisis
We hope you and your family are healthy and holding up well through the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19). While COVID-19 is causing disruption in our lives and communities, we’re committed to making sure that you have the protection and support you need.
Introducing the Apron Relief Program
To us, the apron is a symbol of protection. That’s why we’re assisting our customers, employees, communities, and agents by committing over $1 Billion to them in this time of need.
Assistance with coverage and payments
- On April 1, 2020, we waived late fees, paused collections, and held off on canceling or non-renewing any active policies due to non-payment through May 15, 2020. Some states issued different leniency guidelines, and we’ll meet all state-specific requirements. For details, visit our state-specific information page.
- After the leniency period in your state ends, any remaining balance on your policy will become due. If you need more support, please don’t hesitate to call us—we’re happy to work with you to manage payments moving forward.
- For details on how we’re helping our commercial customers, please visit their dedicated information page.
Other Apron Relief efforts
Over the past few months, we’ve sponsored a number of relief efforts to address various burdens due to the pandemic:
- Billing leniency for customers
- Premium credits for personal auto customers
- Expedited roadside assistance to those serving at the front lines of the crisis
- Deferred deductibles for personal vehicle policies to help customers get back on the road after a claim
- Expanded coverage for personal auto customers who are temporarily delivering food or medicine
- Meal delivery for our for-hire truckers
- Full-service claims experience for first responders and health care workers
- Advances on our annual bonus program
- Advances on vacation days and paid leave for those who are unable to work
- Covered co-pays for telemedicine visits and the cost of COVID-19 medical treatment
For our communities
- $8 million donation by the Progressive Foundation to charities focused on hunger, health, and homelessness, including Feeding America, the American Red Cross, and the National Alliance to End Homelessness.
- Checks totaling over $2 million to all active auto and commercial network shops. Network shops face uncertainty and changing business conditions, and these checks are to be used for any purpose at the shop’s discretion.
- $2 million donation to the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (the Big “I”) to establish the Trusted Choice® COVID-19 Relief Fund, which will help independent agencies respond to the economic and operational challenges presented by the coronavirus crisis
- Unlimited access for producers in our partner programs to continuing education courses and increasing opportunities for all producers to earn through our Agent Rewards program
- 24x7 servicing for agent customers and virtual visits from our sales team
- Funded 2,000 credits worth $250 each for use with the National Association of Professional Insurance Agents’ (PIA) marketing communication programs to spur business growth
For more information on the Apron Relief Program and our efforts during the pandemic, please view our press release or watch our video.
Getting in touch
Your safety is always our top priority:
- You can easily manage your policy online or on the Progressive app. And, our phone lines are always open at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE —just know that call wait times may be a little longer than usual.
- You can also report or check on the status of a claim online, through the Progressive app, or by calling 1-800-PROGRESSIVE. To protect your health and safety, as well as ours, we’re limiting in-person claims interactions as much as possible through virtual contacts and inspections.
This is a situation that none of us have been through before. New questions are sure to continue to arise, and we will do our best to help. We’ll continue to monitor and respond to this situation as it evolves, and we will be here for you when you need us.
We wish you and your loved ones well, and we thank you for being a Progressive customer.