Arizona renters Insurance
If you're renting your home in the Grand Canyon State, Arizona renters insurance can provide financial protection against possible damage and risks at an affordable rate. Coverage can be customized to best suit your needs. Get a renters insurance quote for anywhere in Arizona, from Tucson to Phoenix.
Do you need renters insurance in Arizona?
There are no laws mandating Arizona renters insurance, but it's sometimes required by landlords or apartment buildings as a condition for moving in. Even if your new home doesn't require renters insurance, it's an affordable way to protect your belongings, yourself, and your family.
Arizona renters insurance coverages
Check out the four standard coverages on nearly all Arizona renters insurance policies:
- Personal property protects your personal belongings, including furniture, clothing, and electronics.
- Loss of use helps cover costs associated with an increase in living expenses, up to your policy's limit, if you're unable to stay in your home while it's being repaired or rebuilt due to a covered loss.
- Personal liability protects you financially if you're legally responsible for another person's injuries or damage to their property.
- Medical payments to others pays for medical expenses due to a covered occurrence.
For tenants renting apartments, condos, or homes, the best renters insurance in Arizona is always a policy with customized coverage limits. Here are some extra options for when you need more protection:
- Certain valuable items, like jewelry, art and collectibles, may have specific limits on your renters policy. If your items exceed the limit, you may be able to purchase an endorsement for your policy, also known as "adding a rider," to cover the item for its value.
- Personal injury: may pay for legal fees and damages if you're liable for slander or defamation.
- Water back-up: Water that backs up through sewers or drains or discharges from a sump pump may not be covered by your standard renters policy. Water back-up coverage may pay for the damage to your belongings and water removal costs.
Learn more about renters insurance coverages.
Common claims in Arizona
There are thousands of vehicles stolen every year in Arizona. If your vehicle is ever stolen, your Arizona renters insurance may help pay to replace personal belongings in the vehicle that were taken, up to your policy's limit, minus your deductible.
Discounts on Arizona renters insurance
Progressive offers several discounts to help lower the cost of renters policies in Arizona, such as:
- Quote in advance
- Pay in full
- Secured/gated community
See more of our available renters insurance discounts.
Bundle renters with auto insurance and save! We make it simple to get a bundled quote and earn a multi-policy discount.
What does Arizona renters insurance cost?
You can buy renters insurance for less than $1/day.* Many components influence the cost of renters insurance in Arizona, including your location and coverage limits. Learn more about renters insurance cost factors.