Start your Segway insurance quote online
Riding your two-wheeled transporter feels free and easy, but it’s not without risk. You’ll want to glide protected against injuries and property damage.
Do you have to insure a Segway?
Segway insurance is not required by law. You don’t even need a license to ride one. However, the rising popularity of personal transports means Segway injuries and accidents are more common. Make certain your two-wheeler is protected just the same as your other motor vehicles.
Segway insurance discounts
Here are a few of the many discounts available* when you choose Segway insurance from Progressive:
- Responsible driver: Earn a discount if you’ve had no accidents or motor vehicle violations in the last three years.
- Multi-policy: You’ll get a bundle discount if you already have a home, renters, auto, boat, commercial or RV policy with Progressive.
- Advance quote†: Quote Segway insurance at least one day before you plan to start your policy and earn a discount simply for shopping in advance.
- Homeowners: Enjoy a discount just for owning a home.
- Pay in full: We’ll add another discount just for paying up front.
Segway insurance coverages
Progressive offers essential coverages you’ll need and more:
Bodily injury and property damage liability
If you cause an accident with your Segway, we’ll pay for others’ bodily injury and/or property damage, up to the limits of your policy.
Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury and property damage
UMBI and UMPD will cover injuries to you and damage to your Segway if you’re injured by another driver with no insurance or not enough insurance.
Comprehensive and collision
We pay for repairs, minus your deductible, if your Segway is stolen, vandalized or damaged in an accident, fire or storm.
Medical payments coverage pays out regardless of fault and is an affordable way to cover any hospital bills from a riding accident, especially if you don’t have health insurance.
Accessories and custom parts/equipment
Your Segway insurance policy from Progressive automatically includes $3,000 in coverage for upgrades like reflective labels, LED taillights or chrome rims.