Last updated July 17, 2021
We are committed to protecting your privacy and earning your trust. This Policy describes the information we collect about you and how we use and protect it. By using this website, you consent to the policies and practices described in this Policy.
Portions or all of the Sites are hosted by third-party service providers. Information you submit through a Site will be processed by the service provider and provided to Progressive. Both Progressive and its service provider will follow the privacy standards stated below.
What information do you collect about me?
The information we collect from the Sites allows you to search for jobs with Progressive, submit your resume online, update your career or contact information, and receive notification of job availability via e-mail. We collect this information from some or all of the following sources. We’ve provided a few examples for each source, but not all may apply to you.
- Registration Information: We require certain personal information from you to activate and maintain an account with us, so you can access certain website features. It may include your e-mail address and a password.
- Response Information: This is information you provide to us in response to questions about your background and career, including your resume.
- Web Site Information: This information is unique to Internet transactions. Your computer sends it when you visit one of our websites. It may include the website you visited before ours, your computer operating system, and the pages you viewed on our site. Some of our websites may also store "cookies" on your computer. Cookies save information entered by you on our websites. They also collect technical data, like your Internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, and session ID, which is a unique identifier assigned to each visit to one of our websites.
We will retain the personal information we gather about you indefinitely. You can correct or update your account profile and resume at any time.
Who might get information about me from you?
We will not share your personal information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may share your personal information for what we feel are legitimate business, legal, or compliance purposes. For example, we may share personal information with third parties, such as service providers who perform functions on our behalf, including hosting our Web servers, analyzing data, handling additional employment screening or application services, and providing e-mail services. These third parties will have access to your personal information as we deem necessary to perform their functions.
- prevent or detect fraud
- comply with the law
- comply with requests by law enforcement or regulatory agencies
- enforce our Terms and Conditions
- protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, visitors to the Site and others
We may disclose and transfer personal information to a third party who seeks to acquire or acquires all or a portion of Progressive's business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets.
Why do you ask for my e-mail address?
When you register on a Site, we collect your e-mail address so that we can contact you about your account with us. At your request, we will also use your e-mail address to provide updates regarding jobs with Progressive that you’ve asked us about, as well as for email subscriptions that you’ve opted to receive. You can stop receiving these updates at any time by following the instructions within each message.
To make sure you get our e-mails, we or our e-mail service provider may receive confirmations when you open them or click through e-mail links. These confirmations may also show whether your e-mail application supports graphics, so we can tailor our messages to you.
We will not share your e-mail address with other companies for their marketing purposes. Other companies may help us send e-mail, but we don't allow them to keep your e-mail address for their use.
How do you protect my information?
We restrict access to personal information about you to our employees and others who we feel must use it to provide products or services to you. Their use of the information is limited by our employee Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, applicable law and written agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information.
Is there additional information about internet practices?
When you visit our websites, we use the information we collect to provide services to you and enhance your online experience. For example, if you start an application on our website, but decide to finish it later, we will save your information so you can pick up where you left off. Web Site Information may also identify the device you used to interact with a website or digital ad content. We may use this information to serve ads to you across multiple devices, such as your computer, smart phone, or tablet, or to limit the number of times you see our ads. We also use Web Site Information to customize your experience and analyze your use of our websites and interaction with our ads.
Some of this information may be exchanged with us, together with our website and app usage information, for market research and to analyze and manage our advertising and marketing efforts.
We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance's ("DAA's") Interest Based Advertising principles. You may limit the extent to which Website Information is used to deliver Interest Based Advertising by accessing the DAA's WebChoices tool at http://optout.aboutads.info. The WebChoices tool will provide you with more information about your privacy choices, a list of companies that compile Website Information about your interactions with this and other websites, and a means to opt out of the collection and use of certain Website Information for Interest Based Advertising on your browser.
You can also opt out of receiving certain Interest Based Advertising from Progressive by clicking on the advertising options icon displayed in certain Progressive ads shown to you online. By clicking the icon, you can learn more about, and opt out of, the collection and use of certain Website Information for Interest Based Advertising on your browser.
You can also instruct your browser to warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or to reject all or certain kinds of cookies. Typically, you can do this by changing the settings on your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.). However, if you choose to reject cookies, some websites may not function properly. Flash cookies may be managed using the Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager available at www.adobe.com. You must adjust these setting on each of your browsers or devices.
Your browser or device may include a "do not track" (DNT) setting that signals websites to disable tracking by third parties, such as advertising companies. Our websites do not recognize the DNT signal, but you may access the DAA’s WebChoices tool to manage your Interest Based Advertising preferences. Visitors to the Sites should refer to the date at the top of this notice to see if it has been updated.
Is there additional information about internet practices?
Cookie: A small text file of information saved in your computer when you access certain Web pages. Cookies identify you to the website that gave you the cookie.
Internet protocol (IP) address: A string of numbers that are translated into a domain name.
Operating system: The program responsible for overseeing the basic hardware resources of a computer.
Session ID: The code used to keep track of a person as they interact with a server.
Web beacon: Also called a web bug, pixel tag or clear GIF, a web beacon is a clear graphic image placed in web pages. Web beacons are used with cookies to monitor user activity on a website.
Summary of categories of personal information collected and uses
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you and your dependents/beneficiaries:
- identifiers, including name, address, email address, Social Security number and driver's license number;
- personal information described in California's Customer Records statute (Civil Code 1798.80), including signatures, telephone numbers, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, and medical/health information;
- characteristics of classifications protected under federal or state law such as age, gender and marital status;
- commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- biometric information;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, including, without limitation, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with an internet website, application or advertisement.
- geolocation data;
- audio, electronic, visual or similar information;
- professional or employment related information;
- non-public education information; and
- inferences we base on other personal information we collect.
We may use this personal information about you for the following purposes:
- recruiting and candidate/job applicant interactions, evaluation and hiring;
- management, investigations, disciplinary activity, teambuilding and career development;
- pay, time, wellness programming and benefits;
- taxation, licensing, fraud prevention and detection, law enforcement, compliance and other regulatory purposes;
- communications, identity verification, and physical and electronic safety and security;
- customization, optimization, monitoring, evaluation, management, and other operation of your application or employment accounts with us and our applications, servers, systems and sites and the user experiences they deliver;
- tracking and otherwise managing expenses;
- sale of all or part of our business;
- analysis; and
- as otherwise permitted or required by law.