Get a quote online and sled protected
Riding a snowmobile is a rip-roaring winter pastime, but comes with its share of risks—especially when you’re sledding at high speeds in low-visibility, snowy weather. Progressive stands out among snowmobile insurance companies because we offer the right protection at an affordable price.
Is snowmobile insurance required?
Snowmobile insurance is mandatory in some states, and may also be required in certain snowmobile parks. And if you financed your snowmobile, your lender may require you to have coverage. Snowmobile accidents are common, whether you collide with an object or fall through the ice, so it’s wise to be properly protected even in states where snowmobile insurance is optional.
How much is snowmobile insurance?
Snowmobile insurance rates will largely depend on your location, age, driving/riding history and the make and model of your machine.
Snowmobile insurance discounts
Save on your policy by earning multiple discounts. Here is just a sample of available discounts† when you get a snowmobile insurance quote from Progressive:
- Responsible driver: We’ll reward you with a discount if you’ve had no motor vehicle violations or accidents in the last three years.
- Multi-policy: Already have another policy with us, like home, renters, auto, RV or boat? Add snowmobile insurance and get a bundle discount.
- Safety course: Earn a discount for completing a snowmobile safety course.
- Homeowners: Owning a home is an easy way to get a discount on your snowmobile policy.
- Prompt payment: We’ll add another discount to say thank you for paying on time. You’ll get this on your first snowmobile policy with Progressive, and you’ll continue to receive it when you renew if you’ve had no late payments.
What does snowmobile insurance cover?
A snowmobile policy from Progressive provides optimum insurance coverage for you and your sled. Learn about our coverages below.
Bodily injury and property damage liability
Pays for injuries and/or property damage you cause to others while riding your snowmobile, up to the limits of your policy.
Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury and property damage
If you’re injured by another rider with no insurance or not enough of it, your UMBI/PD kicks in—up to your policy’s limits.
Comprehensive and collision
Comprehensive pays to repair or replace your snowmobile if it’s stolen or vandalized. You’re also covered for damage from fire, hitting an animal, or weather-related incidents. Collision covers your snowmobile if damaged in an accident with another vehicle or object.
Pays for hospital bills, regardless of fault, if you, your passengers, or anyone involved in a snowmobile accident is injured.
Accessories and custom parts/equipment
If you’ve made enhancements or upgrades to your snowmobile that weren’t factory installed, accessory and custom parts/coverage equipment automatically provides up to $3,000 in coverage if you have comprehensive and collision on your policy. You can purchase additional coverage up to $30,000.