Job scam awareness
Progressive is aware of employment scams in which someone falsely claims to be an employee or recruiter from our company to steal sensitive information or money from people. These scams can sometimes be unsolicited job offers that ask you to provide personal or financial information upfront.
At Progressive, we take job scams seriously. We’ve outlined some steps below to help identify and report these scams if you encounter them.
How to tell if a job is a scam: Warning signs
- You’re contacted by someone claiming to be a Progressive recruiter from a suspicious email address. A real Progressive recruiter will contact you from an @progressive.com email address or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You’re asked to provide personal or financial information, such as bank account details or a copy of your ID, as part of the application process.
- You’re asked to buy your own equipment and be reimbursed later. Or you're sent a check to buy equipment that ends up being more than expected and they ask you to wire them the difference.
- You’re contacted by text message without providing consent first.
- You’re contacted by chat applications (i.e. WhatsApp, Telegram, Google Hangouts, Signal, etc.)
- You're asked to be interviewed by someone whose role in the company does not align with the position being discussed.
- The job ad does not point you to our official job listing opportunities page.
If you think you’ve experienced a job scam:
- Do not click on a job ad or reply to a message showing any of the signs above.
- Stop replying if you’ve already been in contact with someone who seems suspicious.
- Report any suspected scams to us at email@example.com. Please provide as much information as you can, including their name and contact information, any messages from the scammer, or the job posting.
- To alert authorities, visit the Federal Trade Commission website and follow the instructions there. If you’ve been impacted financially, contact your local law enforcement agency.
How to tell if a job listing is legitimate
All Progressive jobs will lead back to our applicant tracking system and will ask you to complete an online application. We communicate through email and by phone and won’t reach out by text message unless you’ve asked us to.
For more information on how to avoid job scams, learn more about our hiring process, and what steps or communication you can expect.