Internships at Progressive
With hands-on experience and dedicated mentorship, Progressive internships allow you to put your hard-earned skills to the test. Our internship programs will give you the opportunity to make valuable connections with your fellow interns. With interactive virtual events taking place throughout your internship, you can create lasting relationships and meet directly with our senior leaders, including an exclusive virtual roundtable discussion with our CEO. You’ll also learn more about full-time opportunities; over 80% of our interns take on full time roles here after completing their degree.
Launch your Progressive accounting career through our two-stage accounting program that begins with an internship and generally transitions into our Accounting Rotational Program. This student internship program is ideal for people graduating within a year of completing the internship.
Available in summer and winter semesters, our internship gives you experience in one of our business areas where you can engage in tasks such as financial reporting and analysis, internal controls, budgeting, and more. Once you complete the internship program and graduate, you may have an opportunity to take the next step: a two-year, full-time position that includes four six-month long rotations, each in a different business area.
Data and analytics internship
Students can gain valuable experience in a variety of business areas. You’ll expand upon your problem-solving expertise and communication skills by working on projects integral to company success. Alongside your mentor, you'll provide analytical insight to company leaders. Internships often lead to full-time jobs with Progressive; many interns have joined Progressive as full-time analysts upon graduation. Roles on our data and analytics team include actuarial analyst intern, pricing analyst intern and data analyst intern.
Jump-start your Progressive analyst career through our two-stage student internship program that begins with an internship and transitions into our Analyst Development Program. Once you complete your internship, you’ll have the option to apply for our two-year rotational program that includes the opportunity to work in four different business areas.
Get involved in different projects on an exciting and innovative technology team in the following internship roles.
- Systems engineer interns keep tabs on the health of our IT infrastructure. You’ll monitor and fix outages in our voice and data network, server, client PC, and mainframe environments.
- Data systems engineer interns work closely with our Data Management and Analytics team to keep our data always evolving, accessible and useful.
- Developer interns develop and maintain proprietary software applications for customers and employees to buy, quote, sell, and manage policies as well as resolve claims.
- Front-end developer interns are involved in testing designs, gathering feedback, and recommending revisions around user experience to our web-based interfaces.
- Project manager interns gain experience in all phases of project management, from initiation and planning to execution and closing.
Technology internships often lead to full-time jobs with Progressive; many interns have joined Progressive as full-time technology professionals upon graduation.