It's a simple fact: Mishaps occur, and your pet can get sick. That's why there's Pets Best® pet insurance to help you cover the cost of treating your dog or cat's unexpected illnesses, accidents and injuries
What is pet insurance?
Unlike Progressive's Pet Injury coverage, which comes complimentary with Collision coverage and provides protection up to $1,000 if your pet is injured while in the car with you, pet health insurance offers more far-reaching coverage for illnesses, prescribed medications, hospitalization, accidents (that aren't limited to riding in the car) and more.
Knowing you can provide your pet with the best care is even more important during hard economic times. Pet insurance through Pets Best is a smart solution.
How does pet insurance work?
Pets Best pet health insurance plans offer a simple reimbursement option: Once you meet your per-incident pet insurance deductible, 80 percent of your veterinary bill is paid back to you for all qualified illnesses and injuries.
You simply complete a claim form with the attached documentation from the veterinary hospital, and, in most cases, your claim will be processed in 10 business days or less.
On top of this, the cost for pet insurance can be as low as $20 per month. Plus, you can automatically save 5 percent on a Pets Best pet insurance policy when you choose to get a quote through Progressive.
What types of pet insurance plans are offered?
Progressive customers have come to expect the speed and convenience of online service, and that's just what Pets Best pet insurance offers — an easy, secure way to evaluate and buy pet health insurance on your schedule.
Available Pets Best pet health insurance plans include:
Pets Basic and Pets First, which cover:
- Illnesses, accidents and injuries
- Prescription medications
- Cancer treatments
- After-hours emergency
- Visits to specialists
- Acupuncture and chiropractic
- MRI, CT scans and X-rays
Pets Wellness, which covers routine pet care, including:
- Annual exams
- Teeth cleaning
The following conditions and items are not covered by pet insurance:
- Pre-existing (unless cured, then eligible after six months)
- Congenital conditions (if present at birth)
- Preventive, elective and cosmetic procedures
- Boarding and grooming
- Food, including prescription food
- Supplements and vitamins
Why buy pet health insurance?
Pet insurance makes health care more affordable because, at its core, pet insurance is merely a way to budget a small amount in anticipation of a large veterinary bill. When you purchase pet insurance, you're buying peace of mind in the event that something may happen to your beloved pet.
Choosing Pets Best pet insurance means you can:
- Save money — Get an 80 percent reimbursement of your veterinary bill after your deductible. If you insure multiple pets, you'll receive a discount. On top of that, rates vary by age, breed, species and location, so you'll always pay for coverage specific to your pet.
- Choose any vet — Visit any licensed veterinarian, specialist or emergency care clinic worldwide.
- Get quick and easy reimbursements — Generally, claims are processed in 10 business days or less.
- Feel confident — You can enroll pets as young as 7 weeks old, and coverage never stops based on age.
Remember that it's important to buy pet health insurance when your pet is healthy, rather than when signs of illness have already started to show, because pet insurance only covers conditions that have developed after coverage is purchased.