A work environment where everyone feels valued and respected
It’s been proven time and time again that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive (DEI) organization is more successful in the marketplace. For Progressive, diversity is also the right thing to do. We make a daily commitment to ensure you feel valued, welcomed, and respected for your individuality, experiences, and perspective.
In our workplace
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are designed to build community, raise awareness, increase understanding, promote positive change, and influence the business. As an ERG member, you can find engagement, share ideas, and support others. In fact, Progressive people who belong to an ERG are more likely to find job fulfillment and get ahead in their careers.
At Progressive, our ERG participation is a lot higher compared to other market-leading companies. Close to half of Progressive people are members of at least one ERG and over three quarters of our leaders belong to an ERG. Currently we have nine engaged ERGs. Learn more about our Core Values and diversity and inclusion at Progressive.
Employee Resource Groups at Progressive
- Asian American Network (AANet)
- Disabilities Awareness Network (DAWN)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Plus Network (LGBT+)
- Military Network (MILNET)
- Network for Empowering Women (NEW)
- Parent Connection
- Progressive African American Network (PAAN)
- Progressive Latin American Networking Association (PLANetA)
- Young Professionals Network (YPNet)
Through career development
We want our employees to feel secure in their roles and get ahead in their careers. In addition to leadership and jobs-based training, Progressive provides courses to raise DEI self-awareness and specialized programs designed to increase diversity and equity, such as our Multicultural Leadership Development Program and unique Progressive boot camps. These programs provide intensive learning experiences to accelerate career growth and build leadership potential.
We also encourage coaching, mentorship, and sponsorship of employees across the organization and rotational job programs to develop skillsets and raise the visibility of our entry-and mid-level team members.
In our communities
We believe in giving back to the world around us. Progressive donates to nonprofits selected by our ERGs and supports causes directly related to what we do as a company, including veteran vehicle giveaways and the homeless transition program with Humble Design. Employees can get involved by:
- Donating through the Progressive Insurance Foundation designed so every employee can give to a charity of their choice; Progressive people have given $85 million to various causes since 2002.
- Contributing time, items, or money to our Keys to Progress® veteran vehicle giveaway and homeless transition programs.
- Partnering with schools and organizations to teach interactive lessons reinforcing financial literacy topics and insurance concepts.
- Taking part in any of the virtual volunteerism opportunities available to employees.
Learn more about our corporate responsibility to our communities.
We’re proud to be recognized as a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- 2022 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®*
- Best Workplaces for Parents: Great Place to Work (2021)
- Military Friendly Company (2022)
- Best of the Best: Black EOE Journal (2021)
- Best of the Best: Professional Women's Magazine (2021)
- Best of the Best: Top Veteran-Friendly Companies (2022)
- Top Workplaces for DE&I Practices(2021)
- Gallup® 2022 Exceptional Workplace Award
- Best Workplaces for Women: Great Place to Work (2021)
- Military Times Best for Vets (2021)
- Best of the Best: Hispanic Network Magazine (2021)
- Top Workplaces in the USA (Energage)
- Best Companies for Latinos to Work (2022)
- Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies of Diversity and Inclusion(2021)