Interviewing at Progressive
If you landed an interview, congratulations! The Progressive interview process is designed to help you show the recruiter and hiring manager why you’re the right person for the job.
Progressive behavioral interview questions
Progressive Insurance interview questions are based on the Targeted Selection model (behavior-based questions) developed by DDI. These questions give us a sneak peek into how you work and implement your skills and abilities. The school of thought here is that past behavior can predict future behavior.
Examples of Targeted Selection questions:
- Tell me about a time when you made a bad decision. What did you do?
- Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond your job responsibilities to get something done. What measures did you take?
- Interacting with others can be challenging at times. Describe a situation when you wished you'd acted differently with someone at work. What happened?
With open-ended questions like these, it's easy to get lost in your answer and ramble on. Listen carefully to the question and take a minute before answering.
Watch our video to see a typical interview setting at Progressive.
Progressive Insurance STAR Interview Questions
A great way to approach Targeted Selection is through the STAR method. Progressive’s behavioral interview questions are best answered when structured like a short story with a beginning, middle, and end.
Preparing for your Progressive interview
Here are a few additional suggestions to help you make a great first impression on the big day:
- All roads lead back to the job description. Study the description for a reminder of why your experience matches what we're looking for.
- Make time to practice. Write down examples you plan to use in your interview and practice with others or in front of your mirror to get comfortable with your responses.
- You're also learning about us. Have some questions on hand for the interview team to show your interest in the job and make sure it's the right fit for you.
- Lastly, remember to show your enthusiasm. This is the fun part—where you get to be more than your resume. This is just a conversation with people. As much as you can, just be yourself.
Learn more about Progressive’s hiring process and see our hiring process FAQs for more information.