With pet health insurance, you can guard against illnesses or accidents before they happen.
Manage the expense of caring for your dog or cat with Progressive Advantage® Pet Insurance. You get specialized coverage for vet bills at a reasonable cost, and it's powered by Pets Best®—a trusted provider.
What is pet insurance?
Pet health insurance offers coverage for illnesses, prescribed medications, hospitalization, accidents and more. It's a smart solution to help plan for major expenses. Plus, policies start as low as $1 per day.*
Keep in mind, this is different from Pet Injury Protection, which is included in a Progressive auto insurance policy that has Collision coverage. Pet Injury pays certain amounts for medical care if your dog or cat gets hurt in a car accident.
How does pet insurance work?
Pets Best pet health insurance plans offer a simple reimbursement option: Once you meet your annual deductible, you’ll get reimbursed for 70%, 80% or 90% of your veterinary bills for all covered illnesses and injuries. You can choose how much reimbursement coverage you want. Simply submit a claim form online with a copy of your invoice, and, in most cases, it’ll be processed in five business days.
What types of pet insurance plans are offered?
You can add extra coverage plans to your pet insurance policy.
BestBenefit pet health insurance plans cover:
- Illnesses, accidents and injuries
- Prescription medications
- Cancer treatments
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
- After-hours emergency
- Visits to specialists
- Acupuncture and chiropractic
- MRI, CT scans and X-rays
Plus, you can save 5 percent on a BestBenefit policy through Pets Best when you contact them through Progressive.**
Pets Wellness, which covers routine pet care, including:
- Annual exams
- Teeth cleaning
Examples of conditions and items not covered by pet insurance:
- Pre-existing (unless cured)
- Preventive, elective and cosmetic procedures
- Boarding and grooming
- Food, including prescription food
- Supplements and vitamins
Why buy pet health insurance?
Pet insurance makes health care more affordable because, at its core, pet insurance is a way to budget a small amount in case of a large veterinary bill. When you purchase pet insurance, you're buying peace of mind in the event that something may happen to your beloved pet.
Choosing Pets Best pet insurance means you can:
- Save money — Get reimbursed for most, or all, of your veterinary bills after you meet your annual deductible. If you insure multiple pets, you'll receive a discount.** On top of that, rates vary by age, breed, species and location, so you'll always pay for coverage specific to your pet.
- Choose any vet — Visit any licensed veterinarian, specialist or emergency care clinic.
- Get quick and easy reimbursements — Generally, claims are processed in two business days.
- Feel confident — You can enroll pets as young as 7 weeks old, and coverage never stops based on age.
Remember that it's important to buy pet health insurance when your pet is healthy, rather than when signs of illness or other physical problems have already started to show, because pet insurance only covers conditions that develop after coverage is purchased.