Our employee benefits are intended to support and invest in Progressive people
Employees can decide what works best for them and their lifestyle depending on eligibility requirements, choosing from a variety of career development resources, medical benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, and more. We value the things that make you…you.
Our financial benefits reflect the contributions employees make every day. You'll earn competitive compensation and have tools and resources like money-saving programs and retirement plans to prepare for your financial future.
- Companywide Gainshare plan, an annual bonus program dependent upon company performance. Employees — not just our execs — have the opportunity to share in our company's success.
- 401(k) retirement plan that includes a company match, dollar for dollar, up to 6% of an employee's eligible salary, as well as tools and resources to plan ahead.
- Base pay that represents your role within our company, the market rate, and the skills and experience you bring.
- 100% differential pay for active-duty military service members and reservists. If you get called up and your basic pay is less than your hourly rate at Progressive, we'll make up the difference (with duration based on tenure with the company). We also offer continuing medical benefits and vacation time accrual for active-duty reservists and their dependents.
- Tuition assistance for approved courses.
- A variety of life insurance options.
Health plans, fitness, and mental health
Our affordable, comprehensive medical plan options promote a continued healthy lifestyle for you and any dependents in your family. Plans for employees also include free flu shots and preventive health screenings.
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options, including free preventive care.
- Health care flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings accounts (HSA). FSAs and HSAs allow you to set aside pre-tax money to apply to eligible health care expenses.
- Employee assistance program for around-the-clock mental health and emotional wellness support to help with the demands of work and life.
- Health and wellness programs, such as fitness center rebates and group fitness classes.
- Healthy workplace amenities like on-site fitness centers, medical clinics, farmers markets, and health seminars at larger locations.
We offer resources and benefits to help you navigate life.
- Paid parental leave for the bonding period with a new child is available. This includes 100% salary coverage up to four weeks for birth moms and dads, same-sex partners, adoptive parents, and foster parents (of children under 18 only). For birth moms, this follows the short-term disability period.
- Maternity support programs for expectant and new mothers.
- Financial reimbursement for adoption expenses.
- Financial advice and resource recommendations for needs such as adult care and care for children with special needs.
Time off and work-life balance
- Up to 19 days of paid time off (PTO) accrued in your first year. PTO begins adding up on the first day of employment.
- Flexible work arrangements, dependent on area and business needs, enabling employees to work nonstandard hours and/or from home.
- Paid and unpaid sick leave where applicable, as well as short-term and long-term disability.
- Paid holidays, bereavement leave, and jury duty.
- Charitable match programs through our Progressive Foundation.
- Free or discounted services or products through Progressive vendors, including estate planning and legal assistance.