Early career jobs at Progressive
Use data to solve complex business problems—and start a lasting career in data analytics or in one of our many business areas.
- Pricing analysts use analytical, investigative, problem-solving, and team-building skills to evaluate market trends, implement insurance pricing options, and recommend rate adjustments.
- Actuarial analysts apply and build strong analytical and statistical skills to predict ultimate claims payouts while also receiving study time for actuarial exams.
- Data analysts use programming and quantitative skills to write queries, gather data in Excel or SAS, and manipulate data to identify trends for various business groups.
- Analysts in our Investment Rotational Program work in two different business areas over the course of two years, including our Capital Management group, treasury/investor relations, or our strategy team.
Information technology jobs
Almost everything that happens at Progressive is made possible by our Technology team. Start your technology career through one of the full-time positions below:
- Systems engineers keep tabs on the health of our IT infrastructure. You’ll monitor and fix outages in our voice and data network, server, client PC, and mainframe environments.
- Data systems engineers use their experience with servers, networks, database systems, source control management, and automated scripting to support the infrastructure in our analytical environment.
- Developers develop and maintain proprietary software applications for customers and employees to buy, quote, sell and manage policies as well as resolve claims.
- Front-end developers are involved in testing designs, gathering feedback, and recommending revisions around user experience to our web-based interfaces.
- Project manager trainees gain experience in all phases of project management, from initiation and planning to execution and closing.
- Systems analysts analyze systems, programs, and applications to evaluate where improvements can be made to enhance design and performance.
- Quality assurance analysts ensure information system products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
Claims entry level jobs
Our Claims team helps people get their lives back on track when accidents happen. Start your career by joining our team as a Progressive claims adjuster trainee—no previous claims or insurance experience required.
Often the first point of contact for our customers, you’ll resolve claims over the phone while managing the claims process from start to finish. Don’t worry, we’ll provide you with in-depth training so you can confidently and independently help our customers. You’ll also benefit from ongoing coaching and a variety in career path opportunities.
Customer care entry level jobs
Our Customer Care team provides our customers with products and services to meet their needs—and exceed their expectations. Flex and expand your skills as a customer care professional. No previous insurance experience needed.