Click on a question to view the answer
- How much insurance coverage do I need?
- How do I know if I chose the right coverages?
- What if I have a question about coverages during my quote?
- Can I add or remove coverages in the middle of my policy?
How much insurance coverage do I need?
Your individual needs and situation should dictate how much insurance you need. When you're trying to determine how much insurance to buy, here are a few factors to think about:
- How much can you afford to pay out of pocket? (Choose a deductible that you know you can pay out of pocket. Also, if you choose lower limits, you might be personally responsible for damages that exceed those limits. Consider whether you can afford this possibility, too.)
- Do you make payments on your car? (If you do, you may be required to have Comprehensive and Collision in addition to Liability coverage.)
- What type of vehicle do you drive? (It's wise to have higher limits for vehicles, such as large SUVs, that can cause more damage.)
- Do any drivers live in your house but never drive your vehicles? (You can exclude them from coverage on your policy, which means you won't have to insure them on your policy.)
Remember, you can always call us 24/7 if you have any questions about coverage. We can answer any questions and help you decide before you buy.
How do I know if I chose the right coverages?
During your Progressive quote, you won't be able to select coverages that don't apply to you. If you're unsure about what optional coverages to select, you can use the coverage help we provide during your online quote, or you can speak directly with a representative who can answer your questions. Either way, we'll make sure you're satisfied with your Progressive policy.
What if I have a question about coverages during my quote?
If you're getting an online quote, you can refer to help we provide within the quote. You also can select our Talk to Me option, which allows you to request live help from a licensed insurance representative. If you're getting a quote by phone or through a local independent agent, you can ask questions throughout the quote.
Can I add or remove coverages in the middle of my policy?
Yes - it's easy to change your policy, too! You can log in to your policy 24/7 to add or remove vehicles or drivers, change addresses, pay bills, and more. Or, call us 24/7 at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE (1-800-776-4737) and a Progressive insurance representative can help you. Keep in mind that some changes will affect the price you pay for insurance, so your premium may change.