Cover your PWC for as low as $100/year*
Personal watercraft (PWC) are fast and flexible with an inboard jet drive for thrills you generally won’t get on a boat. Progressive insures just about every common PWC type, including Jet Skis, WaveRunners, and Sea-Doos, so you can ride protected. Before you play on the water, get the right coverages with an affordable Progressive personal watercraft insurance policy.
Is PWC insurance required?
Only a few states mandate boat insurance, but PWC insurance is important if you’re liable in an on-water accident or you damage your watercraft.
Does PWC insurance cover other riders?
Your policy will cover your passengers as well if they’re injured in an accident for which you're responsible, up to specified limits. You can also add medical payments coverage, which will help cover medical costs for you and your passengers in an accident—regardless of fault, up to your policy’s limits.
What you should know when insuring your PWC
- Most states have age limitations for operating a PWC, but if your state does not have an age requirement, make sure any minors who will be regularly operating your PWC are included on your policy as listed operators
- Disclose any enhancements made to your PWC to increase speed or performance; your insurer may not cover a PWC with certain modifications
- The hull identification number is necessary to purchase a PWC policy; if you don’t have the hull ID number handy, you can still get a quote if you know your PWC’s year, make, and model
- Completing a boater safety course can lower your insurance rate
How much does PWC insurance cost?
At Progressive, you can get cheap insurance for your Jet Ski, WaveRunner, or Sea-Doo for as low as $100/year.* We offer a variety of discounts when you get a Jet Ski insurance quote, including one for having more than one PWC on your policy.
PWC insurance coverages
When you quote Progressive, you can choose coverages and customize your protection for your exact needs.
- High limits: Medical payments coverage limits are offered up to $25,000. Medical payments can cover injuries to you, your friends, and family members if they’re injured on your PWC, regardless of fault.
- Replacement cost for personal items: Coverage is available up to $5,000 for your personal property, such as clothing, sunglasses, and phones. Replacement cost means if we can’t repair your damaged items, we’ll pay what it costs for new ones (similar model).
- Total loss coverage: If your PWC is declared a total loss within the first 3 model years, we’ll write you a check for what it costs to buy a brand new one (MSRP of the current year model). After your PWC is more than 3 model years old, we’ll pay you the actual cash value of your PWC at the time of a total loss.
- Extensive navigation: Enjoy using your PWC anywhere in the US or Canada, without limits on where you can boat.
- Roadside assistance: Towing to the nearest qualified repair facility is provided at no additional cost when your tow vehicle or trailer is damaged or disabled. There's typically no out-of-pocket cost to use this coverage.
See more coverages for your PWC.