Motorhomes and Travel Trailers We Insure

Get customized insurance for your type of motorhome or travel trailer

We pretty much insure it all. Here are a few of the common types of RVs that we insure. Just get an RV insurance quote and select the type you have to get the protection you need.

Motorhome insurance

Motorhomes are your classic RVs. They usually have a bathroom and areas for eating, lounging, and sleeping. They're permanently attached to a chassis or van and powered by an engine.

Class A Motorhome

Class A motorhome (conventional)

These are the largest, most luxurious, and most expensive, ranging from 21-40 feet in length and can sleep up to eight people. Class A motorhomes sometimes look like buses and typically come fully updated with high-end kitchens/living areas and electronics or entertainment. No worries if you have expensive belongings inside, because you can get protection for them with your Progressive class A motorhome insurance policy.

Class C Motorhome

Class C motorhome (mini-motorhome)

We also offer class C motorhome insurance for the mid-range options that are usually about 20-33 feet in length, sleeping up to six people comfortably. Class C's are commonly referred to as mini-motorhomes or “cabovers” because the living area extends over the cab (where the driver's seat is) for extra living space. Learn more about insuring your class C motorhome.

Class B Motorhome

Class B motorhome (camper van)

Commonly referred to as “camper vans,” these are usually the smallest and most economical motorhomes, ranging from 16-21 feet in length and sleep up to four people. These motorhomes typically have limited amenities, but still include the essentials, such as a bathroom and kitchen. Either way, your belongings will still be insured with your class B camper van insurance policy.

Campers and travel trailer insurance

Campers and travel trailers do not have a motor or engine and are towed by other vehicles. Many types still provide living areas (think RVs without the engines), but some are only used for hauling cargo.

Conventional Trailer

Conventional trailer

These are designed mostly for vacationing/camping use and can range from 12-40 feet in length and the amenities may vary (some can be very luxurious while others are more economical). Most do include living areas with bathrooms, dining, and sleeping. More on conventional trailer insurance.

5th Wheel Trailer

Fifth-wheel trailer

These are similar to conventional trailers but have a raised section in the front above the fifth wheel (area where it connects to tow vehicle) to create extra living space. These range from 21-38 feet in length and in the quality of amenities. More on fifth-wheel trailer insurance.

Popup Trailer

Pop-up camper (tent trailer)

These are usually smaller, only ranging from about 8-16 feet (when closed) and built with collapsible sidewalls for easier towing. Pop-ups usually have very few luxuries and don't include bathrooms. More on pop-up tent trailer insurance.

Truck Camper

Mounted truck camper

These sit on top of a truck or other hauling vehicle and can be perfect for first-time RVers, as they're compact and easy to haul. These are usually about 18-21 feet long and sleep up to six people. More on mounted truck camper insurance.

Toy Hauler with living quarters

Cargo and horse trailer

These are much larger trailers that are designed for transporting horses, vehicles, or other large cargo. Those used for hauling ATVs or motorcycles are commonly known as toy haulers—some even include living quarters in front and a large cargo compartment in the back. More on cargo and horse trailer insurance.

Cargo and utility trailer

Utility trailer

These are smaller trailers designed for carrying small vehicles, such as an ATV, boat, and other light cargo. Learn more about utility trailers.